Not In Our Name
Not In Our Name was an organization that opposed the Bush presidency's stance on defense. They united under these point: no war on the world, no detentions and roundups, and no police state restrictions.
It was founded in March 2002, but closed its national office and related infrastructure on March 31, 2008.
A very good and detailed report on NIONcan be found in the March 19, 2003 column at http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=6722 in "Not In Our Name and the World Wide Terrorism Web" by Michael Tremoglie, a very good investigative journalist.
Subsections of this article are:
- Not In Our Name: What is IFCO - Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization (a group of marxist religious radicals led by the deceased (2010) communist sympathizer Rev. Lucius Walker, known for his Pastors for Peace support group for the marxist Sandinistas, Hugo Chavez, the FMLN, and Castro).
- Why is NION not a 501c(3)?
- NION: Castro and Islamist Terror
- NION and Narco-terrorism
- NION: ANSWERs Needed
- Courage to Resist
- Iraq Veterans Against the War
- World Can't Wait -Drive Out the Bush Regime
- Longest Walk 2
- United for Peace and Justice
- Revolutionary Communist Party
- Rev. Lucius Walker - founder of IFCO, affiliated with NION and several key Communist Party USA fronts and causes (See his Blue-Linked page for more information.
- Molly Klopot - NION organizer (also WILPF)
- Abdeen Jabara - NION Advisory Board - Also the American Muslim Council, Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee , Center for Constitutional Rights , National Lawyers Guild , participant in Socialist Workers Party fronts and forums (source: various issues of the SWP newspaper The Militant); etc. A complete list of his far-left and pro-terrorism organizations affiliations will appear at his KW page.
- C. Clark Kissinger - Director of NION; old Students for a Democratic Society organizer; leading member of the Maoist Revolutionary Communist Party ; creator in 2005 of the marxist World Can't Wait organization
NION Newspaper Ads: Signatories and/or Endorses (of Statements often published as ads or on the internet)
(Details will be added here with names and dates of the ads)
- Noam Chomsky
- Howard Zinn
- Michael Parenti
- Gloria Steinem
- Barbara Kingsolver
- Danny Glover
- Jessica Lange
- Tyne Daly
- Martin Sheen
- Ed Harris
Sources for both "Affiliated" and "Newspaper Ads" - FPM, Tremoglie article, 3/19/03