National Network on Cuba
Miguel Fraga at National Network on Cuba
Miguel Fraga at National Network on Cuba.
Solidarity with Sept. 24 FBI Raid Activists
The Committee to Stop FBI Repression lists National Network on Cuba as one of the organizations that has issued a statement of solidarity in support of the activists raided in the September 24, 2010 FBI Raids.
U.S. Cuba Network extends solidarity to Charleston massacre victims
In a statement issued on June 20, 2015.
- The National Network on Cuba extends our solidarity to the survivors and our condolences to the families of the victims of the racist terror attack on Mother Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina. The Mother Emanuel AME Church is a symbol and example of African-American communities who have fought racism and oppression from before the first slave ships left the coast of Africa to the Black Lives Matter movement today. A founder of this church, Denmark Vesey, was hanged for planning a rebellion to end slavery.
- This racist massacre could never happen in Cuba because the very foundation of that country is based on respect for humanity and collective care for each other. In Cuba, these words are not just phrases but something they practice daily. These basic principles of solidarity between people also extend to the world, where time and time again Cuba has been the shining example of sending brigades to help fight against diseases, and they are first responders when a disaster happens. Cuba never asks for anything in return, like when they sent military assistance to Angola in the 1980s to help defeat the racist South African Army.
- The National Network on Cuba stands with the people of Charleston and says no to racism and white supremacy.
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression: Solidarity Statements (accessed on Oct. 6, 2010)
- [http://www.workers.org/articles/2015/06/25/u-s-cuba-network-extends-solidarity-to-charleston-massacre-victims/ WW U.S. Cuba Network extends solidarity to Charleston massacre victims By a guest author posted on June 25, 2015]