Socialist Feminists (DSA) Facebook page
Detroit DSA FB group
Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America closed Facebook group, accessed April 22 2018.
- This is a closed group for members of Detroit DSA where we can share information specific to our chapter. Help us grow this group by adding other DSA people you may be friends with on Facebook! 
Admins and Moderators
- Danielle Aubert, Assistant Professor at Wayne State University
- Naomi Burton, Director at FleishmanHillard
- Catherine Hoffman, Created group on March 6, 2018
- Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America
According to Dick Olson the "2018 midterm elections were incredibly momentous for DSA nationally, as well as here in the Detroit area. We scored critical wins from coast to coast — getting leftists elected to office and pushing through key ballot measures".
Most critically, two DSA members were elected to Congress — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from New York’s 14th district and Rashida Tlaib from Michigan’s 13th district. These victories have shaken things up in D.C., and put DSA on the national political map.
Detroit DSA’s marquee endorsement of this election cycle was Rashida Tlaib, who is a card-carrying DSA members. During a hard-fought Democratic primary for the 13th Congressional district, Detroit DSA members knocked on hundreds of doors for Tlaib and helped her win 27,803 to 26,916 over her nearest competitor, a member of Detroit’s city council. Tlaib, a Palestinian-American who has served in the Michigan legislature, then went on to win an overwhelming 85% victory in the general election.
Detroit DSA was also involved in AOC’s win in New York. Indeed, her historic victory was propelled by a viral campaign ad produced by Means of Production, a leftist production cooperative created by three Detroit DSA members: Naomi Burton, Natasha Fernandez-Silber and Nick Hayes.