Black history meeting
A broad range of working class and oppressed people from across New England celebrated Black history month in a public meeting sponsored by the Boston chapter of Workers World Party on Feb. 18 2006.
Miya Campbell of the Women’s Fight Back Network and Politicin’ With the Sisters, raised the role of women and youth in the revolutionary struggle, and then read a few poems including one that paid tribute to former gang leader Stanley Tookie Williams who was executed on Dec. 13 at San Quentin prison.
In 2007 Miya Campbell, was an organizer with FIST, Women’s Fightback Network and a Workers World Party member in Boston. She gave a "second spoken word selection" on day two of the Workers World Party National Conference, Nov. 18, 2007, in New York City.
A standing-room crowd of some 80 people participated in Workers World Party’s Southern Regional Conference, held Oct. 23 2010 in Durham, N.C. The conference was hosted by the Durham WWP branch which was formed in 2009.
At the end of the conference, participants joined in the singing of the Internationale. Mike Martinez and Miya Campbell, both Workers World Party members and workshop speakers, provided cultural performances during the plenary sessions.
2009 WWP National Conference
Saturday, November 14, 2009
- Opening Plenary Session: The Global Capitalist Crisis, the Coming Class Struggle, the Obama Administration and the Fight for a Socialist Future.
- First Panel--Chair: Judy Greenspan; Speakers: Abayomi Azikiwe, John Catalinotto, Bill Dores, Berta Joubert-Ceci, David Hoskins; Cultural Performance: Miya Campbell
2010 WWP National Conference
The 2010 National Workers World Party Conference was held on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 13 - 14, 2010, and had the tagline, "2010 National Workers World Party Conference".
Opening Plenary Session: The Capitalist Elections, Economic Crisis and Struggle for Socialism: What does it mean for the left and for the working class?
Chair: Elena Everett; Speakers: Fred Goldstein, Teresa Gutierrez, Larry Hales, Larry Holmes; Cultural performances by Miya Campbell and Mike Martinez.
- WW, Black history meeting connects today’s struggles By Bryan G. Pfeifer Boston Published Feb 23, 2006
- http://fistyouth.wordpress.com/fist-podcast-speeches/ FIST podcast speeches, accessed november 26, 2010]
- Leftists in the U.S. South blog WWP Southern conference calls for socialism, class unity, October 28, 2010
- WWP website: Program Schedule for 2010 National Workers World Party Conference (accessed on Nov. 18, 2010)