Mike Alexander was associated with the Communist Workers Party.
- Studied at Johns Hopkins University
- Studied at Howard University
- Studied at University of Maryland University College
- Went to Griffin High School
Organizing Committee Against Black Genocide
Covering the Rainbow
On May 5 1984, at the Mississippi Democratic Party convention, Bennie Thompson was elected to the DNC. An early Jesse Jackson supporter, Thompson had the support of all the Jackson delegates. Reporting on the event for the Communist Workers Party's Workers Viewpoint, Mike Alexander described Thompson as a "genuinely progressive, honest young politician, who can be counted on not to sell his people out".
Mike Alexander was Mississippi state coordinator for the 1988 Jackson campaign.
- Workers Viewpoint, June 6, 1984 page 14]