- 1 BRINGING AN ECOSOCIALIST GREEN NEW DEAL TO DSA-LA
- 2 DSA member
- 3 2019 DSA-LA National Convention Delegates Candidates
- 4 Labor Notes: comrades in the Movement
- 5 Portland DSA Facebook group
- 6 Climate Justice Committee, DSA-LA
- 7 Healthcare Committee, DSA-LA
- 8 DSA-LA 2018 Local officer election results
- 9 DSA Long Beach Facebook group
- 10 DSA Facebook group
- 11 Strikewave Editorial Collective
- 12 References
BRINGING AN ECOSOCIALIST GREEN NEW DEAL TO DSA-LA
- The Green New Deal has arrived. Thanks in part to organizational pressure applied by the Sunrise Movement and policy proposals made by DSA member and congressperson Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, concerns about climate change and the policies needed to combat it have seized public imagination. In the 2016 presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were not asked a single debate question about climate change. Now however, Democratic Party presidential candidates face a litmus test as to whether they have a clear vision of how to curb the worst parts of the Earth’s climate catastrophe. Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and others have publicly announced their support of Green New Deal legislation and have enshrined it as a core component of their presidential campaigns.
In 2016 Max Belasco joined Democratic Socialists of America - Long Beach.
2019 DSA-LA National Convention Delegates Candidates
DSA-LA has 47 delegate spots available and have received 69 candidate submissions. Due to the large number of candidates and slots, this ballot is using Approval Voting rather than block voting: vote for as many candidates as you feel comfortable representing DSA-LA at the convention. Voting will close on June 15th at 11:59pm. Should delegates be unable to attend the convention for any reason, they will be replaced by delegate alternates in order of votes.
Candidates included Max Belasco.
Labor Notes: comrades in the Movement
Movement-building and organizing on a nationwide scale is a funny thing. You spend months and months on regular phone calls, emailing, messaging, tweeting, whatever, otherwise communicating through some indirect means and you build intensely durable and genuine relationships with people you’ve never actually met – but you know ‘em. You only know the sound of their voice and what they look like fro... See More — with Max Belasco, Kari Thompson, Joel Hertzog, Julia Symborski and Megan Little.
Portland DSA Facebook group
Members of Portland Democratic Socialists of America public Facebook page, as of March 2017 included Max Belasco.
Climate Justice Committee, DSA-LA
Healthcare Committee, DSA-LA
DSA-LA 2018 Local officer election results
At large officers
- Max Belasco - elected
DSA Long Beach Facebook group
Members of the Democratic Socialists of America - Long Beach Facebook group, as of January 26, 2017 included Max Belasco.
DSA Facebook group
Members of the California Democratic Socialists of America, statewide Facebook group, as of March 16, 2017 included Max Belasco.
Strikewave Editorial Collective
The Strikewave Editorial Collective, January 2019:
- Hope Asya, Illinois
- Max Belasco, Southern California
- Sean Collins, Upstate New York
- Bryan Conlon, North Carolina
- C.M. Lewis, Central Pennsylvania