Matthew Holt specialises in health care, especially new technologies and pharmaceuticals. He is also a public speaker and blogs at The Healthcare Blog.
Holt has worked in the following positions:
- 1990-1993: Research Associate, Stanford Comparative Health Care Policy Research Project, Asia/Pacific Research Center, Stanford University
- 1993 - 1998: Director, Health Care Program, Institute for the Future, Menlo Park, California
- 1998 - 1999: Vice President, Health Care and Public Policy Division, Harris Interactive (formerly Louis Harris & Associates), New York, New York
- 2000 - 2002: Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, i-Beacon, Oakland, California
Matthew Holt was an identified member of JournoList - an email group of approximately 400 "progressive" and socialist journalists, academics and "new media" activists. JournoList members reportedly coordinated their messages in favor of Barack Obama and the Democrats, and against Sarah Palin and the Republican Party. JournoList was founded in 2007 and was closed down in early 2010.
- Matthew Holt's website: Resume (accessed on August 13, 2010)
- Free Republic: JournoList: 151 Names Confirmed (with News Organizations), July 30, 2010 (accessed August 2, 2010)
- New additions make for 107 Journolist names, Clarice Feldman, American Thinker, July 22, 2010