Studied Urban and Regional Planning at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Mashael Majid July 18 2019·
With Laurie Goldman, Claudio D RuMed, Van Hardy, Zazil Mardones, Fred Berman, Zahra Riani, Rene E. Mardones, Danina Douge, Karen Narefsky, Matthew McLaughlin, Alex Pirie, María Fernanda Martínez, Greg Hill, Elijah Daniel, Mike Curtis, Eddy Toussaint Tontongi, Shana Berger, JT Scott and Kristen Lucas.
Mashael Majid 2019July 18 ·
Mary Jo Connelly July 19 2019.
After 5 years of building our community and fighting hard Union United is finalizing a Community Benefits Agreement with the developer of the huge project in Union Square Somerville. I am so grateful for these amazing people. Special thanks to Karen Narefsky, Van Hardy, Ann Camara, Mashael Majid, Rene E. Mardones, Bill Cavellini, Sandra Brown, Laurie Goldman, Shana Berger, Matt Taylor and everyone who served on the UU Steering Committee or the negotiating team.
Mashael Majid July 18 2019·
With Laurie Goldman, Claudio D. RuMed, Van Hardy, Fred Berman, Zahra Riani, Rene E. Mardones, Danina Douge, Karen Narefsky, Matthew McLaughlin, Alex Pirie, Maria Fernanda Martinez, Greg Hill, Elijah Daniel, Mike Curtis, Eddy Toussaint Tontongi, Shana Berger, JT Scott and Kristen Lucas.
Book talk with Jamala Rogers
518 Valencia St, San Francisco Sunday 7 February 2016, organized by Michelle Foy "Book talk with Jamala Rogers, founder of the St. Louis based Organization for Black Struggle & author of Ferguson is America: Roots of Rebel".
- Jamala will explore the roots of the Ferguson Rebellion and the practical lessons for organizing.
- "There is no algorithm, no theory that can predict when human rage reaches its boiling point. I wanted to expose to some and to remind others that there is another side of Ferguson, St. Louis County, USA that exists...if we work together in a respectful & disciplined way, a new Ferguson, St. Louis, & USA, is possible." —Jamala Rogers
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included Georgia Faye Hirsty, Melanie McCrea, Joe Navarro, Michelle Foy, Cynthia Fong, Gerald Lenoir, Fernando Marti, Lucia Aguilar-Navarro, Joyce Nakamura, Jeremy Gong, Jason Wallach, Andrew Rogge, Lucy Clarke, Colleen FitzSimons, Saima Hashimi, Rachel Rye Butler, Pam Tau Lee, Afomeia Tesfai, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Kari Riesgo Banuelos, Eva Martinez, Justin Tombolesi, Josh Warren-White, Kate Sorensen, Malkia Cyril, Lelia Gomez, Mark Prudowsky, N’Tanya Lee, Marcy Rein, Finley Coyl, Shina Riane, Ken Yamada, Dyan Ruiz, Nancy Wan, Sarah Jarmon, Mark McBeth, Leon Sun, Sabrina Cascos Peterson, Mary Sweeters, Eric See, Dani Gonzalez, Mashael Majid, Susan Weiss, Juan Gamboa, Jr., Amy Sonnie, Felicia Gustin, Mickey Ellinger, Betty Pazmino, Charlie Fredrick, Aimee Molina Cuellar, Becki Ming-Yoke Hom.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Anna Masson Those indicating they would attend, on Facebook included Mashael Majid .
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those expressing interest in attending, on Facebook included Mashael Majid.
Cullen Tiernan December 17, 2017:
Renters’ Rights activists know how to Holiday Party🌲🌲#allofustogether #rise #renters #rights #housing #organize #bayarea #fremontfirst — with Cassandra Alvarez, Roberta Ryan, Gehad Massoud, Emily Ann Ramos, Tim Roberto, Mary Gaska Schlarb, Kelsey Pressnall, Cecilia Sistena and Mashael Majid at Holy Spirit Catholic Church.