Maryann Aguirre is a Los Angeles activist. She is a Boyle Heights resident and young mother of color to a fierce little girl. Although, her day job as a Administrative Coordinator at East Los Angeles non-profit InnerCity Struggle has developed her organizational and management skills – Maryann has centered much of her work and passion around women of color on bicyles as an alternative method of transportation and a tool for social change during her time with the all-woman bicycle collective – Ovarian Pscyos. To her, that is one of the most rewarding works of her life because every woman she reaches is one more independent and fearless woman out there on the road. 
Maryann Aguirre is active with Red Guards - Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Supports the Kurdish Resistance!
Red Guards - Los Angeles organized a meeting 5055 Wilshire Blvd,Los Angeles, Thursday 13 August 2015, "Los Angeles Supports the Kurdish Resistance!".
- After the continued attacks on Kurdish resistance fighters and their supporters in Kurdish territories occupied by Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran, international calls have been made for organizations to act in solidarity with the courageous Kurds in their fight for national liberation and self determination.
- The revolutionaries of the PKK, YPG, YPJ, PJAK, YRK and other groups are involved in an armed struggle against the reactionary states in the Middle East and the reactionary Daesh (“Islamic” State).
- International League of Peoples' Struggle - ILPS Southern California (ILPS-Southern California), the Black Rose Anarchist Federation / Federación Anarquista Rosa Negra, Red Guards - Los Angeles (of the Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party Party), the Indigenous Peoples Liberation Party - Califas Region ( IPLP-Califas Region) and other organizations call upon as many progressive groups who uphold national liberation and self determination for all oppressed peoples to come out Thursday, Aug. 13 in front of the Turkish Consulate of Los Angeles to rally and protest the reactionary and oppressive Republic of Iraq, Iran, Syria and especially Turkey.
- Biji Rojava! Rohava lives!
Those signalling intention to attend on the Whenever page for the event included Agus Supriyanto, Jane Shi, Isil Guler, Heval Kobani, Marcos Caloca, Jeff Cerny, Joaquin Cienfuegos, Juan Pablo Guevara, Ricardo Lomeli, Maria Lorena Barros, Nicky Danesh, Beatriz Tzintzuni, Tonalpohualli Ah Tabai-Zacatzontli Arevalos, Dylan Schwayne, Jocelyne Gomez, Raysuli Williams, David Sheng, Michael DeHart, Alan Warsaw, Johnathan Rivera, Heather Mews, Erica Segura, Bases D. Madera, Jaye Jo, Vedric Saran, Eli Rusakov, Jon Laks, Hawzhin Azeez, Joel Palacios, Chaac Anubes, Katie J. Neverr, Alfredo Murillo, Victoria Velasco, Tony Bautista, Garrick Ruiz, Sayid Nim, Nuri Nuri, JulioMarquez Montero, Seth Ashernasserpal, Robert Donald Weide, Xochipitzahua De Maiz, Yady Arroyo, Johnny Cash, Arîn-Xezal Nesari, Rast Kalo, Maryann Aguirre, Josefina La China, Danny Chavez, Abimael Lucio Sucio, Todd Everett Griffin, Facundo Rompe, Jose Diogo, Eric Asko Lara, Jorge Rivas, Khang Tran, .
A Night of Solidarity with Manipur
- Join us as we explore the national liberation struggle by the people of Manipur, India, and the Maoist Communist Party of Manipur, as they fight against capitalism and Indian state repression. We will be showing brief videos, discussing the overall revolution in India and how communists can and must show solidarity with national liberation movements.
- The event is organized by the Red Guards - Los Angeles (branch of the New Communist Party - Liaison Committee) out of La Concha, a community space of the Ovarian Psyco-Cycles, a East Los Angeles and Boyle Heights-based radical womyn of color bicycling collective.
- We will be exploring the role of communists in Manipur, and the larger context of India - studying the role of the Communist Party of India (Maoist) and their ongoing revolution against the state of India.
- We will have a special performance from award-winning revolutionary poet Matt Sedillo, a long-time ally and supporter of revolutionary movements in and outside the U.S.
Those signalling intention to attend on the Whenever page for the event included Sivarraya Ande Phakpiseth, Liklai Khonbi Chanu, Guadalupe Sanchez, Nancy Zuniga, Maryann Aguirre, Marc Durougeot, Bravia Tsai, Samson Ngangom, Khanganba Haorokcham, Premjit Mainam, Phampok Mangangcha, David Sheng, Dallas Hogan, Malem Keisam, Kritivash Aribam, Bndzs Naorem, Aspen Miller, Juan Pablo Guevara, Aspen Miller, Bravia Tsai, Naorem Yennou, William Palomino, Ali Tweini, Facundo Rompe, Ramakanta Haorokcham, Joy Wahengbam, Maria Lorena Barros, Zohair Asad Shamsi, Behrooz Navaii, Abir Hasan, Julio Crvnts, Angel Olin Juarez, Evan Beaufort, Jack Ngxom, Nongda Tarangchhen, Moirangthem Joybhusan, Lanheiba Luwang, Nabam Tayiir, Ângelo Cassenotte, Tolen Len, Shyamananda Sapam, Korou Konsam, Licenciado Rodrigo Valles, Matt Sedillo, Arnold Maisnam, Robin Khumancha, Momocha Jazz, Leisem Yum, Njabulo Mkhululi Matshikiza, Rajesh Yumnam, Kjell Gunnar Larsen, Den Molotov, Felicia Gomez Verdin, Atul Pathak, Amber Jeremie, Harish Sing, Marlon Stern, Ishan Chandam, Poleen Lamabam, Pareihanba Meetei Pheiroijam, Alex Marroquin, Kiran Moirangthem, Meetei Leichil, Cihuatl Ce, Rockey Meitei Saphaba, Stephanie Abrego, Chingalakpa Meitei, Perla Madera, Eugene Hernandez, Poton Khundrakpam, Gunamani Lai, Bilari Cat, Athoiba Ngangom, Luwangcha Herojit Meitei, Danny Chavez, Angel Olin Juarez, Lamnganba Kangleicha, Chalam Moirangthem, Khamba Khuman, Paokhong Meitei, Telheiba Ningthoujam, Peder Rena, Alexander Vogel, Mark Ferguson, Laija Luwang, Njabulo Mkhululi Matshikiza, Changkhonbi Chanu, Leisem Yum, Gloria TepiliUelia, Takhatpa Meitei, Abimael Lucio Sucio, Muthat-heibi Mamomloi, Tompok Mangangcha, Roni Abem, Evie X. Martinez , Anu Khumanthem, Victoria Velasco, Danielle Boss, .
Red Guards study meeting
- Join the Red Guards - Los Angeles as we continue with a basic Marxist-Leninist-Maoist study group right here in Boyle Heights, out of La Concha every other Saturday.
- For this Saturday we continue our focus on how anti-revisionist Marxist-Leninists, followers of Mao Tse-Tung Thought and early Maoists applied Maoism in the U.S. beginning in the late 60s during the New Communist Movement. Some of the groups we will be studying include the Black Panther Party for Self Defense (BPPSD), the Revolutionary Union/RCP, League of Revolutionary Struggle, August 29th Movement, Revolutionary Communist League, etc.
- CURRENT TOPIC: Bay Area Revolutionary Union - Revolutionary Union (early RCPUSA)
Those signalling intention to attend on the Whenever page for the event included Clair Orozco, Osa Yo No Se, Xeres Villanueva, Behrooz Navaii, Alex Marroquin, Danny Chavez, Abimael Lucio Sucio, Mahmood Shabazz, Javier Salazar, Apurba Muktikami , Jilla Savi, Josefina La China, Facundo Rompe, Andrielle Simone, Maria Lorena Barros, Maryann Aguirre.