Template:TOCnestleft Mary Owen
DSA for Bernie
In 2019 Twin Ports Democratic Socialists of America had a Bernie Committee running an independent campaign.
- It is not affiliated with any official campaign by any candidate. It is a local, grass roots effort to get out the vote for Bernie Sanders while at the same time promoting our chapter and the work we do. .
- Mike Kuitu - Twin Ports DSA member, and Healthcare for All MN/Duluth steering committee member.
- Kathryn Wegner - Twin Ports DSA member and Healthcare for All MN/Duluth steering committee member.
- John Krumm - Twin Ports DSA secretary, Healthcare for All MN/Duluth steering committee member.
- Mary Owen - Twin Ports DSA spokesperson, Healthcare for All MN/Duluth Steering committee member, member of Education Equity Alliance.
- Brian Thorbjornsen - Twin Ports DSA steering committee member.
- Jerry Witte - Twin Ports DSA steering committee member, Healthcare for All MN/Duluth Steering committee member.
- Scot Bol - Twin Ports DSA member.
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.