Mary Idosidis ...
1991 - In Memory of Archie Brown
The list included Mary Idosidis.
Communist Party reformer
In 1991, Mary Idosidis, Northern California, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
Committees of Correspondence
At the Committees of Correspondence conference, Berkeley California, July 17-19, 1992, Mary Idosidis was a candidatefor the CoC National Coordinating Committee-Mill valley California, CoC conference organizer.
CoC National Coordinating Committee
The following are listed in order of votes they received as members of the Committees of Correspondence National Coordinating Committee, elected at the Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.:
- Angela Davis, SF
- Gus Newport, Berkeley
- Elizabeth Martinez, SF
- Alva Buxenbaum, NY
- Leslie Cagan, NY
- Peter Camejo, Alameda, CA
- Giuliana Milanese, SF
- Robert Chacanaca, Freedom, CA
- Mildred Williamson, Chicago
- Barry Cohen, NY
- Mark Solomon, Boston
- Barbara Lee, Sacramento
- Maudelle Shirek, Berkeley
- Raahi Reddy, New Brunswick, NJ
- Margy Wilkinson, Berkeley
- Yvonne Golden, Florida
- Mary Idosidis, Mill Valley, CA
- Pat Fry, Detroit
- Marty Price, Oakland
- Frances Beal, Oakland
- Marshall Garcia, NY
- Betty Kano, Berkeley
- Michael Myerson, NY
- Sharon Stewart, LA
- Carmen Rumbaut, San Antonio
- Maurice Jackson, Washington, D.C.
- Geoffrey Jacques, NY
- Arthur Kinoy, Montclair, NJ
- Melinda Brown, LA
- Leslie Shaheen, NY
Carl Bloice, Esther Brown, Mary Idosidis, Bill Sorro, Sally Sweet and Lloyd Vandever were all Communist Party USA members who left the party to form Committees of Correspondence. In 1995, they were taken to court by the party for control of the property at 522 Valencia St San Francisco. Communist Party v. 522 Valencia, Inc. (1995) 35 Cal.App.4th 980 , 41 Cal.Rptr.2d 618.
- Addendum to Initiative document
- CoC official ballot paper
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- Convention program, July 1996
- http://www.lawlink.com/research/CaseLevel3/72528 Communist Party v. 522 Valencia, Inc. (1995) 35 Cal.App.4th 980 , 41 Cal.Rptr.2d 618]