Mari Rose Taruc
Template:TOCnestleft Mari Rose Taruc
Nikki Fortunato Bas 4 Oakland April 21, 2018.
National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum
In 2011, Mari Rose Taruc was profiled by the National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum. Profiles were "selected from a national pool of fierce sisters working across the country. They're multi-issue, multi-faceted, multi-ethnic movers and shakers. They're artists, activists, moms, attorneys, organizers, students. Together, we'll redefine women leadership and lift up the progressive movement for APA women and girls."
Ella Baker Center supporter
Movement Generation delegation to Klimateforum09
- North American indigenous Delegation, Movement Generation Justice and Ecology Project, and the Environmental Justice and Climate Change Initiative, along with other grassroots groups from the United States will deliver a letter to President Barack Obama demanding that the United States take real, rights-based approaches to climate change and ecological debt.
Speakers scheduled were:
- Diana Lopez- (Southwest Workers Union San Antonio, TX)
- Michele Roberts – (Advocates for Environmental Human Rights, LA/DC)
- Representatives from indigenous communities from the United States and Canada
- Moderator: Kalila Barnett (Alternatives for Communities and Environment, Boston, MA)
Other Resource people from many other organizations were also present, including: Gopal Dayaneni, Movement Generation; Alicia Garza, People Organized to Win Employment Rights (San Francisco, Right to the City, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Mari Rose Taruc, Asian Pacific Environmental Network (Movement Generation Bay Area network, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, Richmond); Marisa Franco, Right to the City (NY); Roxana Aguilar, Strategic Actions for a Just Economy (Right to the City, Los Angeles); Jill Johnston, Southwest Workers Union (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Diana Lopez, Southwest Workers Union (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Jose Bravo, Just Transition Alliance (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, San Diego); Cecil Corbin-Mark, West Harlem Environmental Actiobn (Environmental Justice Leadership Forum, New York); Jacqui Patterson, Women of Color United (GA); and Diana Pei Wu, Movement Strategy Center (CA).
- ANGRY ASIAN MAN, HYPHEN AND NAPAWF PRESENT THE 15 APA WOMEN LEADER SPOTLIGHTS, accessed January 15 2018
- http://www.ellabakercenter.org/index.php?p=ebc_supporters_2009 Ella Baker Center website: 2009 Supporters] (accessed on March 28, 2010)
- US Affected People of Color Urge Obama to be Champion in Climate Negotiations MEDIA ADVISORY / AVISO DE PRENSA For immediate release: December 15, 2009