Jump to navigation Jump to search
Socialists Urge End of Fragmentation
96-06-26 an email was sent from David McReynolds and several other socialists, headed "Socialists Urge End of Fragmentation"
- The following open letter has been sent to the organizations listed below.
- The letter was drafted by Ethan Young, who has been connected with Crossroads, in consultation with a number of concerned individuals in all of the groups listed.
- David McReynolds, member, Socialist Party USA, New York City, June 26, 1996
To: The National Convention of the Committees of Correspondence
- The National Convention and Summer School of Solidarity
- The National Political Committee of Democratic Socialists of America
- The National Committee of Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- The National Steering Committee of the National Committee for Independent Political Action
- The National Committee of the Socialist Party USA
- As members of the groups listed above, we have joined together out of concern for the future of the organized socialist left. We have two concrete proposals that are being submitted to all of our groups simultaneously, so that they might be discussed and, if accepted, acted on as soon as possible.
- 1. We propose that joint regional meetings of our six groups be organized for members and invited individuals, as outlined in the June 1996 issue of CROSSROADS.
- 2. We propose that organizing begin immediately for a national conference of socialist youth in Fall 1997, initiated by the youth members and affiliates of the six groups, but open to co-sponsorship by other agreed-upon groups and individuals.
- Giuliana Milanese - COC, Bay Area
- Mel Rothenberg - COC, Chicago
- Eric Vega DSA, Sacramento
- Daraka Larimore-Hall - DSA, Chicago
- Jon Liss - FRSO, D.C.
- Carl Pinkston - FRSO Sacramento
- Sabina Virgo - NCIPA Los Angeles
- David McReynolds - SPUSA, New York
- Margaret Phair - SPUSA, Los Angeles
- Tim Marshall - Solidarity, Bay Area
- Joanna Misnik - Solidarity, Nashville