- 1 Education
- 2 Career
- 3 Sherrod Brown connection
- 4 United Students Against Sweatshops
- 5 USAS comrades
- 6 "Family"
- 7 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 8 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 9 PSA - Memphis Facebook group, 2017
- 10 Labor for Our Revolution leaders
- 11 References
- Studied Political Science/Secondary Education at Spelman College
- Went to Ravenna High School
- Former National Organizer at United Students Against Sweatshops
- Worked at Atlanta Jobs with Justice
- Former Internal Visual Arts Communicator at Panasonic
- Former Intern at The Library of Congress
Sherrod Brown connection
Marcelle Grair August 2012;
- I had a great conversation with my Senator, Sherrod Brown. Ohio is very lucky to have him working for us! — at U.S. Capitol Visitor Center.
United Students Against Sweatshops
United Students Against Sweatshops National Organizers, 2013-2014 School Year.
Marcelle Grair December 29, 2015;
- Family. — with Leo Baunach, Deanna Nagle, Dhruv Majumdar, Caiden Ficker, Marchae Grair, Tyrell Parrish, Brittni Hicks, Ciara Naomi, Troy Neves, Brianna Rae and Kathleen Brower.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating interest in attending, on Facebook included Marcelle Grair.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Marcelle Grair.
PSA - Memphis Facebook group, 2017
Progressive Student Alliance - University of Memphis Facebook group, as of March 26, 2017;
Members include Marcelle Grair, SEIU 509.
Labor for Our Revolution leaders
Labor for Our Revolution April 6;
More than 50 union leaders participated in the Labor for Our Revolution national meeting in Chicago. — with Clem Balanoff, Gene Bruskin, Matthew Graham, David W. Campbell, David Duhalde, Peter Hart, Tony Flora, Brenda Bosworth Rodrigues, Carey Dall, Penelope Jennewein, Joe Lawrence, Gene Elk, Dana Simon, Mark Dudzic, Kenneth Zinn, Zachary Pattin, Mike Parker, Kyle Machado, Peter Knowlton, Donna DeWitt, Brian Skiffington, Peter Olney, Jared Hicks, Marcelle Grair, Steve Early, Al Cholger and Erin McKee.