Ludovic Blain received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the City College of the City University of NY, with several academic and community honors. In 2009 he served on the boards of the Communications Leadership Institute, Rockwood Leadership Institute, and the NYPIRG Fund.
Work with Demos
In 2004 Ludovic Blain was Associate Director of the Democracy Program at Demos, a non-profit public policy research and advocacy organization in New York City. Over the last 14 years he has co-founded environmental justice, media strategy and African-diasporic advocacy groups. He was awarded Honorary Citizenship in The Gambia for his youth development work there.
Connection to Democratic Socialists of America
According to the Insight Center website Ludovic Blain III joined the Insight Center in January of 2009 as Program Manager of the Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative (CRWG), a national effort to close the racial wealth gap for the next generation. The initiative includes the Experts of Color Clearinghouse, a resource that brings together and showcases the asset-building work of experts of color, and serves as a conduit for organizations seeking people with asset-building expertise for speaking engagements, program assistance, or filling staff and board positions. He’s developing strategies to inject Clearinghouse members into the public dialogue and policy discussions.
Prior to joining the Insight Center, Ludovic was Special Projects Director of the Center for Social Inclusion, where he started StopDogWhistleRacism.com, tracking racism in the 2008 election cycle. Over his two decade career Ludovic has run the Marguerite Casey Foundation’s Equal Voice for America’s Families campaign, directed national felon voting rights and election day registration campaigns at Demos, led environmental justice campaigns at the New York Public Interest Research Group, and founded the East Coast office of the media justice group We INTERRUPT This Message.
Proteus Fund Board members
- Ludovic Blain, Color of Democracy Fund
- C. LaRoy Brantley, Cambridge Associates LLC
- Jason Franklin, Bolder Giving
- Meg Gage, Proteus Fund
- Sara Gould, Atlantic Philanthropies
- Erica Hunt, Consultant
- Malia Lazu, The Gathering
- Matt MacWilliams, MacWilliams Kirchner Sanders & Partners
- David Neal, Attorney at Law
- Guillermo Quinteros, Solidago Foundation
- Byron Rushing, Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Tracy Sturdivant, State Voices
"Plotting and planning"
Steve Phillips November 7, 2013.
- With dozens of awesome leaders in the bellwether Inland Empire plotting and planning and hearing from stellar Congressman Mark Takano — with Mark Takano, Tim Silard, Andrew Wong, Ludovic Blain and Sandra Perez Gonzalez at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center.
PAC+ Oakland kick-off event
Steve Phillips October 30, 2013 near Oakland, CA ·
- At PAC+ Oakland kick-off event. Happy to be in Oaktown!! — with Gloria Totten, Cedric Brown, Jennifer Pae, Aimee Allison and Ludovic Blain.
PowerPac+ Board of Directors
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Ludovic Blain was among those on the list. 
- Proteus Fund, board members page, accessed October 2011
- PowerPAC+ Board of Directors, accessed Dec. 1, 2014.
- Ear to the Ground, About, accessed Nov. 12, 2015