"AUSTIN, TX JUSTICE OR ELSE TOWN HALL"
"AUSTIN, TX JUSTICE OR ELSE TOWN HALL NEETING" August 13, 2015.
- Panel discussion surrounding racism and police brutality which are being highlighted by the upcoming Million Man March: Justice or Else! October 10, 2015 event in Washington D.C.
- Christina Muhammad - Nation of Islam
- Chas Moore - Member of Austin Justice Coalition
- Robert L. Muhammad - Nation of Islam
- Lucian Villasenor - Member of The People's Task Force and the International Socialist Organization.
Austin Beloved Community memories
Anne Braden: Southern Patriot
- Anne Braden: Southern Patriot (1924-2006) is a first person documentary about the extraordinary life of this American civil rights leader. Braden was hailed as a white southerner who was “eloquent and prophetic” by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in his 1963 Letter from Birmingham Jail. Ostracized as a “red,” she fought for an inclusive movement community and mentored three generations of social justice activists.
- Join us at Riverside Campus (room 8100) at 7 pm on Thursday, November 13 for the screening and an open discussion with filmmaker Anne Lewis and The People's Task Force. Let's talk Ferguson, state repression, police brutality, and the birth of a new civil rights movement!
Those signalling their intention to attend via Wherevent included Emma Louise Mutrux, Lilia Rosas, Andrea Zarate, Lucian Villasenor, Richard Swafford, Jacob Branson, Marshall Bennett, Skylar Trey Bonilla.