Louise Derman-Sparks is a Pasadena activist.
Socialist Community School
Working with Dorothy Healey
- I am one of Dorothy’s political children...She taught us how to critically analyze our world in all of its complexities, to apply analysis to practice, and, as importantly, to also use our practice to modify our analysis. She showed us the power of a life-long, deep anger towards all forms of oppression. She modeled the beauty of keeping faith in the possibility of a better world and of a life committed to building a just society and world for all.
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
- Socialist Community School Committee list, Fall 1979
- Socialist Community School Committee list, Feb. 1, 1980
- Liberal Education website: Bill Ayers supporters