Standing for AD 37
In 2019 Lorrie Brown stood from AD 37 for the California Democratic Party Central Committee.
I have been a dedicated Assembly District Delegate since 2017. I have been a California Democratic Party Convention volunteer, traveling all over the state to Executive Board meetings and getting involved in issues that effect my community. I was promptly appointed to the CDP African American Caucus as Corresponding Secretary after being elected delegate for District 37. I chose to a participant in the Affirmative Action Committee, I have a very keen understanding of the unifying issues that affect us all in this state and I know how city services are funded. In 2011 I worked in project management for a redevelopment agency. The state ended these agencies to balance the state budget, leaving cities holding contractual debt. 
2017 Progressive slate
Calling all my VC and Santa Barbara people! If you live in Ojai, Oxnard, Santa Paula, Ventura, Santa Barbara, or Carpenteria, and you are a registered Democrat, please turn out tomorrow to vote for Arthur Valenzuela, James Forsythe, Karina Kaye, and the other members of the district's progressive slate in tomorrow's ADEM elections! When Bernie Sanders talked about making the Democratic Party the party of the people, this is what he meant. Don't stay home, be part of the change you want to see!
Supporting Lorrie Brown
- DSA Ventura County is proud to announce our official endorsement of Lorrie Brown for Ventura City Council. She will be running for a seat in District 6. If you're interesting in helping create a Ventura County that serves the many and not just the few, please support Lorrie and her amazing campaign in any way you can.
Democratic Socialists of America - Ventura County Chapter, 2018 endorsements.
- Gayle McLaughlin - Lieutenant Governor, California
- Lorrie Brown - Ventura City Council District 6
- John Nelson - US House California District 26
- Delaine Eastin - Governor, California
According to an NPC Statement on 2018 Elections was issued November 7, 2018 by the Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee named Lorrie Brown City Council, Richmond, CA. as a locally endorsed DSA candidates.