Lisa Seitz Gruwell
Lisa Seitz Gruwell has worked in Democratic politics in Montana from 1995 to 1999, most notably serving as the director of the Montana Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee during the 1998 cycle.
Progressive States Network Gala
April 19, 2007, Progressive States Network’s first annual gala honored U.S. Senator Jon Tester, U.S. Representative Keith Ellison, and Deborah Rappaport. Awards were also presented to Iowa State Senator Joe Bolkcom, Kansas State Senator Donald Betts, and Washington State Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles. Participants talked about promoting their legislative agenda and public policy advocacy. They also talked about issues such as operations in Iraq, grassroots organizing and recruitment, and public participation.
Other speakers included Joel Barkin Executive Director Progressive States Network, Steve Doherty Founding Co-Chair Progressive States Network, Senators Al Franken and Bernie Sanders, Lisa Seitz Gruwell Chief Operating Officer Skyline Public Works, Washington (State) Tom Matzzie Director MoveOn.org, David Sirota Founding Co-Chair Progressive States Network.
Institute for Southern Studies Project Advisors
The following members served as Project Advisors at the Institute in December 2011:
- Joe Atkins, Professor, University of Mississippi
- Julian Bond, Chair, NAACP
- Steve Bradberry, Lead Organizer, New Orleans ACORN
- Carlos Guerra, Columnist, San Antonio Express-News
- Pronita Gupta
- Bob Hall, Co-Director, Democracy North Carolina
- Jim Hightower, Author and radio host
- Naomi Klein, Syndicated columnist and author, No Logo
- Darryl Malek-Wiley, Louisiana Environmental Justice Organizer, Sierra Club
- Sangita Nayak, Policy/Communications Director, Praxis Project
- Angie Newsome, Reporter, Asheville Citizen-Times
- Tram Nguyen, Executive Editor, ColorLines
- William Quigley, Professor, Loyola University New Orleans Law School and Director, Poverty Law Clinic
- Lisa Seitz Gruwell, Political Director, Skyline Public Works
Progressive States Network
In 2010, Lisa Seitz Gruwell served on the Board of Directors for the Progressive States Network, an organization which seeks to "transform the political landscape by sparking progressive actions at the state level".
- Forward Montana: Lisa Seitz Gruwell (accessed on Sept. 1, 2010)
- CSpan APRIL 19, 2007 Progressive States Network Gala
- ISS board members
- PSN website: Board of Directors (accessed on Sept. 1, 2010)