Leticia Van de Putte
Supported Progressive Health Care Reform
In late 2009, Leticia Van de Putte was one of more than 1,000 state legislators to sign a letter entitled "State Legislators for Progressive Health Care Reform". The letter was a project of the Progressive States Network and was developed in consultation with national health care reform advocates, including the AFL-CIO, AFSCME, Community Catalyst, Families USA, Herndon Alliance, National Women's Law Center, Northeast Action, SEIU, and Universal Health Care Action Network. The letter reads in part,
- "Failure to pass national comprehensive health reform now will further jeopardize state and local budgets, undermining public services like education, public safety, and transportation infrastructure... We, the undersigned, call on President Obama and the Congress to enact bold and comprehensive health care reform this year – based on these principles and a strong federal-state collaboration – and pledge our support as state legislators and allies in pursuit of guaranteed, high quality, affordable health care for all."
Claude Black Heroes Gala
The Claude Black Heroes Gala, an event commemorating San Antonio Communist Party USA sympathiser Rev. Claude Black was held at Sunset Station, San Antonio, March 29th 2010. Attendees included Judge Greg Mathis, Host Taj Matthews (grandson of Claude Black), Tommy Calvert, honorees State Senator Leticia Van de Putte, SAEN Columnist Cary Clack, Choco Meza & husband, Danny Meza, & Jeyynne LeBlanc Burley, Councilwoman Mary Alice Cisneros & Rachel Sakai, Mayor Julian Castro & brother State Rep. Joaquin Castro, Byron Miller & judicial nominee Dinoroh Diaz, former Councilman Art Hall, Adam Zeldes, State Senator Carlos Uresti, Joshua Bailey, Alice Guerra, UTSA Professor Dr. Richard Gambitta & wife, Sherri Gambitta, Sunset Station.
Breakfast with the AFL-CIO
At the 2014 Dallas AFL-CIO Labor Day breakfast, Texas AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer John Patrick said: "We must focus for the next 64 days on the November elections. We consider this to be a life or death struggle!"
Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson: "Today begins a new era in Texas politics. You can do it!"
Texas Lieutenant Governor Candidate Leticia Van de Putte: "Nothing is as important as education for our children! ...I call for an end to high stakes testing in Texas schools. We have to get back to where our teachers can teach! ...This election is not about us. It is about our children and grandchildren!"
Other speakers included Congressman Marc Veasey, County Judge Clay Jenkins, American Federation of Teachers leader Rena Honea, Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1338 President Kenneth Day, and others representing efforts to win wage increases and win the November elections.
PODER PAC President's Council
In 2014 the PODER PAC President's Council consisted of Mari Del Carmen Aponte, Juana Bordas, Ingrid Duran, Grace Garcia, Comm. Sylvia Garcia, Susan Gonzales, Choco Gonzalez Meza, Laura Hernandez, Cynthia Jasso Rotunno, Lydia Madrigal, Joelle Martinez, Regina Montoya, Rep. Grace Napolitano, Maria Teresa Petersen, Laura Pena, Catherine Pino, Julissa Reynoso, Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, Rep. Linda Sanchez, Rep. Loretta Sanchez, Rep. Hilda Solis, State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte, Rep. Nydia Velazquez.
PowerPAC+ 2014 and 2015 Endorsements
PowerPAC+ 2014, 2015 endorsements;
- Stacey Abrams - Georgia State House
- Pete Aguilar - U.S. Congress, California-31
- Hector Balderas - Attorney General, New Mexico
- Cory Booker - U.S. Senate, New Jersey
- Wendy Davis - Governor of Texas
- Lucy Flores - Lieutenant Governor of Nevada
- Sandra Fluke - California State Senate, District-26
- Pete Gallego - U.S. Congress, Texas-23
- Jesus Garcia - Mayor of Chicago
- Kamala Harris - Attorney General, California
- Steven Horsford - U.S. Congress, Nevada-4
- Judithanne McLauchlan - Florida State Senate, District-22
- Joe Neguse - Colorado Secretary of State
- Michelle Nunn - U.S. Senate, Georgia
- Mark Takano - U.S. Congress, California-41
- Nina Turner - Ohio Secretary of State
- Marc Veasey– U.S. Congress, Texas-33
- Leticia Van de Putte - Lieutenant Governor of Texas
- Uduak Ntuk - Long Beach Unified School District Board
- Rebecca Thompson - Michigan State House
Leticia Van de Putte was endorsed by Texas Organizing Project in 2014.