Leah Hunt-Hendrix is Co-founder at Way to Win.
Lots of Zuccotti Park regulars are currently engaged in electoral work in various capacities, including Nelini Stamp, now the director of strategy at the Working Families Party, and Leah Hunt-Hendrix of Way to Win, a women-founded progressive donor and political strategy hub. There’s also Jonathan Smucker, who went from being a core member of Occupy’s ad hoc press team to the political director of Pennsylvania Stands Up, which supports insurgent candidates in his home state.
Leah Hunt-Hendrix December 6, 2018 ·
We’re in it together for the long haul. — with Natalie Foster.
The Nation Forum
Circa June 2014, The Nation invited leading activists from across the progressive movement to talk about how we can build power to effect real change, not simply fend off reactionary assaults.
Participants in PROGRESSIVE STRATEGIES IN A POPULIST MOMENT included;
- Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II: “How to Build a Powerful People's Movement”
- Carlos Saavedra: “Winning the Fight for Public Opinion”
- Sarita Gupta: “How to Write a New Organizing Playbook”
- David Rolf: “What if We Treated Labor Like a Startup?”
- Dan Cantor : “How the Working Families Party Is Already Changing Electoral Politics”
- May Boeve: “Fighting, Not Drowning”
- Leah Hunt-Hendrix and Max Berger: “How to Organize After Occupy Wall Street”
- George Goehl: “Organizing Where We Have the Most Leverage: in the Cities”