Portland Democratic Socialists of America is keeping the pressure on Rep. Kurt Schrader, who is one of two electeds from Oregon who have yet to support Medicare for All. Portland DSA members confronted Rep. Schrader at a Town Hall in May and made it clear that supporting Medicare for All is the only option. They have no plans to let up the pressure!
2018 State of the Union Address
Several Democrats, including Kurt Schrader, brought illegal immigrants to the 2018 State of the Union address:
- Kamala Harris brought Denea Joseph, communications coordinator for the UndocuBlack Network.
- Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden brought Daysi Bedolla.
- Florida Rep. Carlos Curbelo brought Adrian Escarate.
- Illinois Rep. Bill Foster brought Ana Campa Castillo.
- Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly brought Nicolle Uria.
- Oregon Rep. Earl Blumenauer boycotted the event, but sent Aldo Solano.
- Oregon Rep. Jeff Merkley brought Leonardo Reyes.
- Oregon Rep. Suzanne Bonamici brought Miriam Vargas Corona.
- Oregon Rep. Kurt Schrader brought Juan Carlos Navarro.
- New York Rep. Nita Lowey brought Hugo Alexander Acosta Mazariego.
- Kentucky Rep. John Yarmuth brought Leo Salinas Chacon.
- California Rep. Judy Chu brought Jung Bin Cho.
Schrader received $5000 in lobbying funds from Planned Parenthood in 2008.
ARA PAF endorsement, 2014
New Democrat Coalition, 113th Congress
- Kurt Schrader
Blue Dog Coalition
- 4, 2019ALL IN - JUNE: THE WEEKEND OF ACTION IS COMING by DSA M4A
- [http://people.com/politics/democrats-dreamers-guests-trump-state-of-the-union-address/ These Democrats Are Bringing 'Dreamers' to President Trump's State of the Union Address, Accessed January 30 2018
- [https://www.harris.senate.gov/news/press-releases/senator-harris-to-bring-california-undocublack-daca-recipient-to-state-of-the-union Senator Harris to Bring California UndocuBlack DACA Recipient to State of the Union, Accessed January 30 2018
- NDC Member List
- BDC members, accessed August 2015