Kayla Williams is a writer who has served as a senior advisor for VoteVets.org, and as a contributing writer for its online project, VetVoice. She currently lives near Washington, D.C. with her husband Brian McGough, a fellow veteran.
Kayla Williams is a former sergeant and Arabic linguist in a Military Intelligence company of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). During her year in Iraq, Kayla spent her time at the forefront of U.S. interactions with Iraqis.
Advisory Committee on Women Veterans
On March 16, 2010, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki appointed six new members to the Advisory Committee on Women Veterans, an expert panel that advises the Department of Veterans Affairs on a wide array of issues affecting women Veterans:
- Matrice W. Browne,Olney, MD
- Valerie Cortazzo, Pittsburgh, PA
- Karen S. Etzler, Amazonia, MO
- Lindsay M. Long, Knoxville, TN
- Gundel M. E. Metz, Madison, WI
- Kayla Williams, Ashburn, VA
- Love My Rifle More Than You: Young and Female in the U.S. Army
- VetVoice website: About, Oct. 31, 2007 (accessed on Sept. 3, 2010)
- VetVoice website: VetVoice's Kayla Williams Appointed to VA Committee on Women Veterans, March 16, 2010 (accessed on Sept. 3, 2010)