Professor Karl H. Niebyl of New Jersey
Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner
On April 28, 1966 Karl Niebyl was a sponsor of the Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner. The dinner was held on the occasion of Herbert Aptheker's 50th birthday, the publication of his 20th book, and the 2nd anniversary of the American Institute for Marxist Studies. It was held in the Sutton Ballroom, The New York Hilton, Avenue of the Americas, 53rd to 54th Street, New York City. Most speakers, organizers and sponsors were known members or supporters of the Communist Party USA.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1966
Critique of Baran and Sweezy, Monopoly Capital
- Karl Niebyl, Temple University
- Russ Nixon, New York University
- James O'Connor, San Jose Sate College
- John Owen, Johns Hopkins University
- Paul M. Sweezy, Monthly Review
- Russ Nixon, Chairman
- Conor Cruise O'Brien
- Albert Schweitzer, Professor of Humanities, New York University, Introduced by Warren I. Susman, Rutgers University
- Dinner Program for the Herbert Aptheke Dinner, April 28, 1966
- Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.