Julia Berkman-Hill was first politicized through the fossil fuel divestment movement, where she was a student organizer for three years and learned the importance of both leadership development and momentum. She also has held a number of roles in the anti-occupation movement IfNotNow, including launching its college organizing program. After graduating from Bowdoin College with a BA in Sociology in 2017, she moved to Lancaster, PA to work with Lancaster Stands Up and has helped to develop the organization’s electoral field program.
Beyond the Choir/Lancaster Stands Up
Lancaster Stands Up is a member-led organization. Our staff work to support our member leaders throughout Lancaster County with base-building, campaigning, leadership development, and much more.
We are very grateful for our partnership with Beyond the Choir, which in 2018, hired three full-time organizers to support the ongoing work of Lancaster Stands Up and specifically the development of a door-to-door canvass operation to elect Jess King and down-ballot state house and senate candidates.
- Julia Berkman-Hill – Organizer
- Eliza Booth – Organizer
- Jonathan Smucker – Executive Director of Beyond the Choir.
Lancaster Stands Up October 4, 2017.
- LancasterStandsUp canvassers just back from registering voters in Millersville.
Beyond the Choir Staff
- Julia Berkman-Hill, Field Director, Lancaster Stands Up
- Eliza Booth, Community Outreach and Administrative Coordinator, Lancaster Stands Up
- Pam Campos-Palma, Director of Veteran Strategic Initiatives
- Jessica S. George, Operations Assistant
- Michelle Hines, Campaigns and Communications, Lancaster Stands Up
- Alexander McCoy, Communications Strategist
- Perry O’Brien, Director of Veteran Campaigns
- Marisol Ocampo, Director of Partnerships
- Jonathan Smucker, Co-founder and Executive Director
- Jose Vasquez, Training Director, Veterans Organizing Institute