WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Joseph Hancock was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
Supporter of the New American Movement
Communist Party's May Day Salute
In 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper People's Weekly World, published a "May Day salute" to the "heroes in the class war zone". More than 100 unionists/activists endorsed the call, mostly known affiliates, or members of the Communist Party.
Los Angeles Workers' Center
The Los Angeles Workers' Center, also known as The Red house, or the Casa de Trabajadores, is a non-profit educational corporation, run by the Los Angeles Workers' Educational Society, Inc., which in turn is run by members of the Los Angeles Communist Party USA.
As of 2010;
- Arturo Cambron, President
- Paula Solomon, Vice-President
- Joseph Hancock, Secretary (Member, AFofM Local 47)
- Armando Ramirez, Board Member
- Kelly McConnell, Board Member
USFSP Board of Directors
As of May, 2014, Joseph Hancock served on the Board of the U.S. Friends of the Soviet People.
- Bulletin Editor & Recording Secretary, USFSP ; Executive Committee American Federation of Musicians, Local 47 Symphony 47 ; Chair, Los Angeles Peace Council ; National Council of Communists, USA 
Party of Communists USA
In 2014 Joseph Hancock was a Member at Party of Communists, USA.
- Convention Discussion: For Marxism by: Joseph Hancock April 13 2010
- FB friends page
- 10th Anniversary Booklet for the New American Movement, 1981
- People's Weekly World May 6 1995 p 2
- Los Angeles Workers' Center website, accessed December 3, 2010
- FRIENDS OF THE SOVIET PEOPLE website, accessed may 1, 2014