In May 1992, the Communist Party USA newspaper, Peoples Weekly World published a May Day supplement. This included a signed greeting from "Southern Arizona's progressive community", most of who were known Communist Party USA members.
One of the signatories was Jon Miles..
Communist Party's May Day Salute
In 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper People's Weekly World, published a "May Day salute" to the "heroes in the class war zone". More than 100 unionists/activists endorsed the call, mostly known affiliates, or members of the Communist Party.
Jon miles, Tucson, was one of those listed.
Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Salt of the Earth Labor College 2003 speakers
- September panel "learning to live without war" - with Jon Miles (Veterans for Peace), Pat Birnie (WILPF), Rev. Kenneth Kennon (anti School of the Americas activist).
- September, Adanjesus Marin, National Coordinator Young Communist League, teaching a class "organizing the unorganized"
- October, Linda Bohlke, on the "evils of privatization", AFSCME official and Tucson anti privatization campaigner
- October, Dr. Eve Shapiro, Arizona Physicians for a National Health Program, who spoke on campaigning for national health care in the 2004 elections
- November, Steve Valencia of Jobs with Justice on the Tucson local elections
Arizona "progressive" community
- Arizona’s progressive community extends May Day and Cinco de Mayo greetings to all our friends across the country. We commit ourselves to join the struggle for jobs, equality, national health care, a fair immigration policy, and for peace and justice in the Middle East. Let’s make this planet a good place to live for all its inhabitants.
Arizona Peace Council, AZ4NORML, Campaign for Labor Rights, The Einstein Academy, Casa Maria/Catholic Worker East Valley Club Communist Party USA, Law Office of Payson & Gattone, The Latino Doctrine (TV show) Revolutionary Grounds Books and Coffee, Salt of the Earth Labor College Tucson Club CPUSA , Tucson Peace Action Coalition
Clyde Appleton, Mary Elinor Adams, Rolande Baker, Anne Brenner, Joe Bernick and Cat Stelman, Nancy Bissell, Jack Blawis, Don Buchanan, Richard Boren, Susan Clark, Rebeca Cartes, Eugenia Chilton, Jack DeWeese, Howard Druan, & DD Sande, Gregory Feesl, Ray Figueroa, Brian Flagg, Michael Flower, Sean Fowlkes, Nancy Gallen, Maggie Gerring, Michael Gray, Nancy Graham, James Hannley, Beverly Halkias, Jeff Imig, Mansur Johnson, James Jordan & Raquel Mogollon, Frank Jents, Marilyn Kramer, John Kromko, Jim Kincaid, Brandy Lintencum, Rob McElwain, Mary MacEwan, John Mackoviak, Jane Martin & Bob Vint, Jon Miles, Nancy Myers, Kathy Norgard, Richard Osburn, Ismael Parra, Nancy Pontius , Alice Ritter, Carlos Salaz, Sr., Mazda Shirazi, Rosemary Solarez, James Stewart, Brian Stevens, Olga Strickland, Donald Tewels, Dennis Tallent & Laura Tallent, Anita Torrez & Lorenzo Torrez, Carolyn Trowbridge & Keith Bagwell, Susan Thorpe, Steve Valencia & Janet Valencia, Edward Vargas, Steve Wheaton, Michael Wheeler, Susan Willis , Wendell Wilson, Deb Wilmer.
Veterans for Peace contact
In 2010 Jon Miles turned 70 years old. Jon Miles is involved in the Derechos Humanos, Veterans for Peace, Salt of the Earth Labor College and he also organizes and coordinates "peacekeepers" for marches and events.
- Jon Miles Medium 2 Richard Boren Published on Nov 4, 2013
- People's Weekly World Aug. 13 1991 p 19
- Peoples Weekly World May 2 1992, May Day supplement
- People's Weekly World May 6 1995 p 2
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- PWW August 30, 2007, page 17
- Veterans for Peace website: Chapter contact-persons
- Voice of Tucson, "Happy birthday! Jon Miles is turning 70". Dec. 22, 2010,