Jim Rivers is a Texas activist. In 2012, he was Legislative Director for Communications Workers of America Local 6201 in Fort Worth. In 2014 he was, President of the Fort Worth Chapter of the Texas Alliance for Retired Americans. 
- Studied at Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- Studied Sociology at City College of New York
- Went to Bronx High School of Science
In 2011, the Texas delegation to the national Jobs with Justice conference included Gerardo Contreras, Jim Rivers, Brad Walker, and Gene Lantz. They made the trip to DC Aug 5-7 for the powerful education and inspiration offered.
2012 ARA southern convention
Texas had one of the largest delegations, after the gigantic Florida group, in Orlando for the Southern Regional Conference of the Alliance for Retired Americans in May 2012. They were Emmett Sheppard, Marty Alvarado, Carol Yontz, Gene Lantz, Linda Chavez-Thompson, Judy Bryant, Jim Rivers, Maggie Kramer, Ray Kramer.
Fort Worth president
June 19, 2013, Fort Worth activists from CWA and IAM met at the CWA 6201 Hall to hear information about Texas Alliance for Retired Americans from Field Organizer Judy Bryant and TARA Executive Board member Jim Rivers, who was immediately elected President of this new chapter. Denny Kramer was chosen as the Secretary Treasurer.
- However, we must clearly understand our role and limitations. In 1922 even after a successful revolution and emerging victorious from an international attempt to crush the revolution, Lenin still commented that "The idea of building communist society exclusively with the hands of the Communists is childish, absolutely childish. We Communists are but a drop in the ocean a drop in the ocean of the people."
Democratic Party convention
- No Fort Worth Meeting, Instead We'll Rally in Dallas! TARA website, April 2014
- North Texans Attend Jobs with Justice Conference , North Texas JwJ website
- TARA, Texans Help with Southern Regional Conference of ARA
- Flickr, Taken on May 8, 2012
- TARA New TARA Chapters Formed
- http://www.cpusa.org/convention-discussion-labor-the-economy/ Convention Discussion: Labor & the Economy, by: Jim Rivers June 10 2014]