Jay W. Walker
Jay W. Walker is on the steering committee of the New York chapter of REFUSE FASCISM, a front group for the Revolutionary Communist Party. He is described by co-initiator Sunsara Taylor as a "leader" of REFUSE FASCISM.
Jay W. Walker is also a member of Rise and Resist and Gays Against Guns, (Many of Rise and Resist’s members are also members of Gays Against Guns). All organizations are based in New York City, New York.
Hawk Newsome February 14 2020.
Protesting WalkAway Event
- "The Center must not cede an inch of space to those who question the validity of trans and non-binary identities, peddle in Islamophobic conspiracy theories, or stoke the fires of anti-Blackness. At a time when right-wing attacks on all our communities are on the rise both in the halls of power and in the streets, facilitating this event endangers the very people The Center claims to serve, and disrespects the lives and legacies of LGBTQIATS+ people throughout history that struggled and died for our right to live with dignity. The Center should not allow its legitimacy as an institution be cynically co-opted by a group that shares none of its principles or goals.
- "Please see the link below for detailed documentation of their transphobic, Islamophobic, anti-feminist, and racist hate speech. Recent history from Christchurch to Charlottesville shows that giving a platform to such peddlers of hate empowers self-described white supremacists, sexists, transphobes, and homophobes, and encourages them to escalate their activity from hateful speech to physical violence against our communities."
- Gordon Beeferman, United Against Racism and Fascism - NYC
- Sharona Chava, Outlive Them NYC, Jewish Solidarity Caucus, DC 37
- Democratic Socialists of America NYC Queer Caucus
- Ken Kidd, Community activist with ACT UP, Queer Nation, Gays Against Guns, Rise And Resist
- Moishe Ben Marx, Outlive Them NYC, Jewish Solidarity Caucus, UAW Local 2110
- Mark Milano, Rise and Resist, Reclaim Pride Coalition
- Andy Ratto, Organizer, Reclaim Pride Coalition, United Against Racism and Fascism, Rise and Resist
- Reclaim Pride Coalition
- Jason Rosenberg, ACT UP Member
- Derek Smith, Community Member
- Jay W. Walker, Organizer, Reclaim Pride Coalition, Gays Against Guns, Rise and Resist
- Ruth Yehezkel, Outlive Them NYC and Jewish Solidarity Caucus
Rise and Resist
Jay W. Walker is an organizer of Rise and Resist. In July of 2018, Joy Reid of MSNBC interviewed Patricia Okoumou and Jay W. Walker, members of Rise and Resist. MSNBC did not mention Jay W. Walker's association with the Revolutionary Communist Party.
New York TimesNew York Times in an article critical of President Donald Trump's healthcare policy.
Townhall Meeting with Congressman Jerrold Nadler
Protest President Trump
In May 2018, Jay W. Walker took part in a protest against President Trump. Other protesters interviewed were Wrolf Courtney, who "helped organize the protest with the group Rise and Resist," Philip Shubin and Betsy Malcolm.
"Teach In" about Fascism
Jay W. Walker was a speaker at a REFUSE FASCISM event called "Fascism in America: Can It Happen Here? Is It Happening Here? What is the Danger the Trump/Pence Government Poses?" The event was held in New York City on April 27th, 2017 at the Church of The Village.
- Sunsara Taylor, REFUSE FASCISM co-initiator
- George Prochnik, author, New Yorker contributor
- Rita Dentino, Exec. Dir., Casa Freehold of National Day Laborer Organizing Network
- Kieran Suckling, a founder and Executive Director of Center for Biological Diversity
- Andy Zee, REFUSE FASCISM co-initiator, Revolution Books NYC spokesperson
- Sunsara Taylor tweets about Jay W. Walker's appearance in an image at the New York Times, accessed June 3 2017
- Open Letter to The LGBT Center accessed March 21 2019
- Explaining the Health Payments That Trump Has Called ‘Ransom Money, accessed June 3 2017
- Congressional Town Hall in NYC: “Stand Up and Call Them What They Are!”, accessed June 3 2017
- Manhattan Congressman Calls Donald Trump a Fascist, accessed June 3 2017
- Trump in NYC: Protest held outside president’s midtown fundraiser, accessed June 3 2017
- accessed June 3 2017