Jay W. Walker
Jay W. Walker is on the steering committee of the New York chapter of REFUSE FASCISM, a front group for the Revolutionary Communist Party. He is described by co-initiator Sunsara Taylor as a "leader" of REFUSE FASCISM.
Jay W. Walker is also a member of Rise and Resist and Gays Against Guns, (Many of Rise and Resist’s members are also members of Gays Against Guns). All organizations are based in New York City, New York.
Rise and Resist
Jay W. Walker is an organizer of Rise and Resist. In July of 2018, Joy Reid of MSNBC interviewed Patricia Okoumou and Jay W. Walker, members of Rise and Resist. MSNBC did not mention Jay W. Walker's association with the Revolutionary Communist Party.
New York TimesNew York Times in an article critical of President Donald Trump's healthcare policy.
Townhall Meeting with Congressman Jerrold Nadler
Protest President Trump
In May 2018, Jay W. Walker took part in a protest against President Trump. Other protesters interviewed were Wrolf Courtney, who "helped organize the protest with the group Rise and Resist," Philip Shubin and Betsy Malcolm.
"Teach In" about Fascism
Jay W. Walker was a speaker at a REFUSE FASCISM event called "Fascism in America: Can It Happen Here? Is It Happening Here? What is the Danger the Trump/Pence Government Poses?" The event was held in New York City on April 27th, 2017 at the Church of The Village.
- Sunsara Taylor, REFUSE FASCISM co-initiator
- George Prochnik, author, New Yorker contributor
- Rita Dentino, Exec. Dir., Casa Freehold of National Day Laborer Organizing Network
- Kieran Suckling, a founder and Executive Director of Center for Biological Diversity
- Andy Zee, REFUSE FASCISM co-initiator, Revolution Books NYC spokesperson
- Sunsara Taylor tweets about Jay W. Walker's appearance in an image at the New York Times, accessed June 3 2017
- Explaining the Health Payments That Trump Has Called ‘Ransom Money, accessed June 3 2017
- Congressional Town Hall in NYC: “Stand Up and Call Them What They Are!”, accessed June 3 2017
- Manhattan Congressman Calls Donald Trump a Fascist, accessed June 3 2017
- Trump in NYC: Protest held outside president’s midtown fundraiser, accessed June 3 2017
- accessed June 3 2017