James Hayes is Lead Trainer with Momentum and an organizer from Columbus, OH. James started organizing after taking part in mass mobilizations with the Occupy movement and to protest the murder of Trayvon Martin. In 2012 he helped to found the Ohio Student Association and spent four years leading campaigns to end the criminalization of young people of color. These campaigns helped stop the same Stand Your Ground law from entering Ohio, stop the corporate school takeover of the Columbus City Schools, and build resistance to police brutality. James was previously a Trainer with the Ayni Institute and now is the Deputy Director of Ohio Voice. 
'Who Killed Travyon'
Stuart Desmond McIntyre July 31, 2013; ·
- Fantastic 'Who Killed Travyon' mass meeting last night at Mt. Olivet Baptist Church. I could feel the collective outrage and the collective conviction pulsing through the room. Ohio Student Association Molly Shack, James Hayes, Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata, Amber Evans, Natalie Yoon, Heather Otto, Ani Mwalimu, Clint Elmore...
October 4, 2013, as soon as the Zimmerman verdict came through, Ohio Student Association jumped into action. Ohio legislators had just introduced Stand Your Ground in Ohio, and they were putting on the fast-track.
- We organized a 500 person mass meeting > took 20 young leaders to DC for the MOW > hosted 3 organizing workshops on Power, Story of Self, and Non-vio...
With Stuart Desmond McIntyre, Alli Rigel, Nish Collins, MarShawn McCarrel, Natalie Yoon, Molly Shack, James Hayes, Amelia Hayes, Nakeya Walker, Malaya Lynch, Ed Bates, Ariel Miller, Alwiyah Shariff, Jennifer Sconyers, Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata, Prentiss Haney, Amaha Sellassie, Rachel Lee, Aricka Janay, Aliya Rahman and Joel Solow.
Ohio Student Association
January 2014, more than 50 young people from all across the state came to Columbus for the 1st retreat of the Ohio Student Association fellowship for Community Change. — with Stuart Desmond McIntyre , Emily Maher, Kelsey Deann, Stephanie J-Monay Yorgensen, Ilhan Dahir, Alwiyah Shariff, Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata, Geniro Dingle, Ryan Javery, Ronnette Jackson-Doane, Meg Hofmann, Molly Shack, James Hayes, Amelia Hayes, Malaya Lynch, Ariel Miller, Rachael Collyer, Renee Hagerty, Prentiss Haney, Megan Nicolle, Aricka Janay and Joel Solow.
Freedom Summer 2014
Amaha Sellassie June 7, 2014 ·
- With Audrianna Melisa Milton, Christa Preston Agiro, Molly Shack, Anoop Chunchu, Heather Atkinson, Stuart Desmond McIntyre, Mariah Johnson, Jarvis E. Clark, Malaya Lynch, Darsheel Kaur, Senya Oji-Njideka, Kip Holley, DaMareo Cooper, Mike Tyler, Richard Clay Dixon, Sistufara W. Muhammad, Christy Rogers, Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson, Rachel Lee, Megan Nicolle, Prentiss Haney, Criss Wilson, Cee Deezy, Anthony Brookshire, Kenneth A. Graham, Erica R. Bruton, Jacob Bauer, Christina Rowena, Brandon A. Whitehorn, Jamaica Siroky, Carl CJ Foster, Jovan Webster Tejumade, Alyssa Norman, Allante Booker, James Hayes, Mark Gavin, Sr., Erica Fields, Ndidi Achebe, Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata, Aricka Janay, Erin Evans, John Rogers, Marlon Shackelford and Joel Solow.
1st Anniversary of the #Ferguson Uprising
Maurice Moe Mitchell August 5, 2015,
- UnitedWeFight: 1st Anniversary of the #Ferguson Uprising - National Conference Call. Thurs. 8PM EST / 7PM CST Register at http://bit.ly/uwfcall — with Justin Hansford, Scott A. Roberts, Mary Hooks, Kayla M. Reed, Diamond Latchison, Kareem Jackson, Bukky Gbadegesin, Katrina Gamble, Tanya Lucia Bernard, Tory Russell, Cedric Lawson, Alicia Garza, Leslie Mac, Charlene Carruthers, Patrisse Cullors, Cherrell Brown, Dante Barry, Waltrina N. Middleton, Damon Turner, Marbre Stahly-Butts, Ash-Lee Henderson, Damon Davis, Thenjiwe Tameika McHarris, Mari Morales-Williams, Mervyn Marcano, Nicole Lee, Elandria Williams, Opal Ayo, Jonathan Pulphus, Dara Cooper, Michael McBride, Umi Selah, Osagyefo Sekou, Tara Tee, Rose Berry, Sistufara W. Muhammad, Purvi Shah, Cid Nichols, Ingrid Benedict, Jade Ogunnaike, James Hayes, Anita Nichole, Joe Worthy and The Movement for Black Lives.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating they would attend, on Facebook included James Hayes.
We Will Replace You c0-founders included: