- 1 Austin Beloved Community site launch
- 2 Austin Beloved Community people
- 3 Anne Braden: Southern Patriot
- 4 Ferguson
- 5 Socialist Alternative
- 6 Socialist Alternative - Austin, TX Weekly Meeting
- 7 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 8 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 9 FRSO comrade
- 10 References
Son of Jim Branson.
Austin Beloved Community site launch
Thursday May 1, 2014 marked the InternationalWorker's Day.
- Austin has a rich history of social justice organizations, artists and activists who have worked hard to fix longstanding problems in neighborhoods and communities.
Organizations participating included: ACC/AFT Local 6249, ADAPT, ALLGO, Austin Tan Cerca de la Frontera, Campaign to End the Death Penalty, Challenger Newspaper, Creative Action, Code Pink, Democratic Socialists of America, Education Austin, Freedom Road Socialist Organization (/OSCL), Grassroots Leadership, Austin Immigrant Rights Coalition, International Socialist Organization, MonkeyWrench Books, People's History in Texas, PODER, Proyecto Defensa Laboral (Workers Defense Project), Resistencia Bookstore, Rise Up Texas, Texans United for Families (TUFF), The Sierra Club, The Rag Blog, Texas Jail Project, Third Coast Activist, Treasure City Thrift, TSEU/CWA Local 6186, Women's Community Center.
Event organizers were Anne Lewis and Jacob Branson.
Austin Beloved Community people
The people who created Austin Beloved Community - Anne Lewis organizer/filmmaker/director, Jeanne Stern animator/painter, Salma Mirza web developer, Rene Renteria photographer, Justin Hennard sound designer, Emma Louise Mutrux artist, Jacob Branson design consultant.
Anne Braden: Southern Patriot
- Anne Braden: Southern Patriot (1924-2006) is a first person documentary about the extraordinary life of this American civil rights leader. Braden was hailed as a white southerner who was “eloquent and prophetic” by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in his 1963 Letter from Birmingham Jail. Ostracized as a “red,” she fought for an inclusive movement community and mentored three generations of social justice activists.
- Join us at Riverside Campus (room 8100) at 7 pm on Thursday, November 13 for the screening and an open discussion with filmmaker Anne Lewis and The People's Task Force. Let's talk Ferguson, state repression, police brutality, and the birth of a new civil rights movement!
Those signalling their intention to attend via Wherevent included Emma Louise Mutrux, Lilia Rosas, Andrea Zarate, Lucian Villasenor, Richard Swafford, Jacob Branson, Marshall Bennett, Skylar Trey Bonilla. 
Socialist Alternative - Austin, TX Weekly Meeting
Socialist Alternative - Austin, TX Weekly Meeting 926 E Cesar Chavez St, Unit C1,Austin, Thursday 18 June 2015, 19:00 till Thursday 18 June 2015, 20:30
Organized by : Socialist Alternative - Austin.
- Weekly meeting of the Austin branch of Socialist Alternative. We will be discussing our current roles in helping workers to organize at their jobs. We will also discuss what we can offer in our alliance with Ratpac, a radical trans workers organization.
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Crystal Davila, Natalia Rocafuerte, Vanessa Schaefer, Elle Zenitram, María Limon, Lucy Murphy, Zach Guerinot, Robert Griswold, Richard Swafford, Jacob Branson, Ted Anderson, Jesús I'x Nazario , Matthew Wackerle, Steven Walters, Matt Gramann, Jeremy Granados Brad Crowder, Marco Gutierrez, Karl Herrera, Joseph George.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Jacob Branson.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Jacob Branson.
Jacob Branson wearing Freedom Road Socialist Organization T shirt, 2018.
- Renteria PhotographyMay Day - El Dia Del Trabajo & Austin Beloved Community
- ABC history page
- Wherevent, ACC/AFT Labor Film Series Presents Anne Braden: Southern Patriot.
- Wherevent Socialist Alternative - Austin, TX Weekly Meeting
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109