Professor Howard L. Parsons is the Head of the Philosophy Department at the University of Bridgeport
National Committee to Abolish the House Un-American Activities Committee
As of May 1964, Howard Parsons Philosophy, Coe College, was listed as a sponsor of the Communist Party USA front, National Committee to Abolish the House Un-American Activities Committee.
Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner
On April 28, 1966 Howard Parsons was the chairman at the Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner. The dinner was held on the occasion of Herbert Aptheker's 50th birthday, the publication of his 20th book, and the 2nd anniversary of the American Institute for Marxist Studies. It was held in the Sutton Ballroom, The New York Hilton, Avenue of the Americas, 53rd to 54th Street, New York City. Most speakers, organizers and sponsors were known members or supporters of the Communist Party USA.
Parsons was also a sponsor of the event.
"A letter to Congress" on North Korea
In 1974, approximately 50 prominent, mainly Communist Party USA aligned leftists, signed a "Letter to Congress" on the situation regarding North Korea.
- "For a quarter of a century the people of all Korea have needed such a peace agreement. The American People are ready for it. The People of the world deserve it. Peaceful coexistence must replace war and the threat of war. Negotiations must replace confrontation."
- "Therefore, we the undersigned, concerned about the dangerous conditions in Korea earnestly appeal to you, and to all peace-minded Americans to join together in combining our reason and our political influence to secure the peaceful resolution of this problem."
The letter to Congress was in response to a March 25th, 1974 letter from the Supreme Peoples Assembly of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea to the United States Congress.
The signatories which included Howard Parsons Chairman, Department of Philosophy, University of Bridgeport, urged Congress to act on North Korea's Concerns.
World Peace Council
- We publish in this booklet a list of members of the World Peace Council elected at the Council's Session in Warsaw in 1977.
U.S. members listed, included; Howard Parsons, Professor of Phiosophy, University of Bridgeport.
- Dinner Program for the Herbert Aptheke Dinner, April 28, 1966
- Letter to Congress undated 1974 Hugh DeLacy papers Accession Number 3915 Box Number 9 Folder Number 2
- WORLD PEACE COUNCIL LIST OF MEMBERS 1977-1980, Information Centre of the World Peace Council Lönnrotinkatu 25 A 5 krs 00180 Helsinki 18 Finland