The People's Assembly Against Austerity September 12 2021 with Mark Serwotka, Shami Chakrabarti, Howard Beckett, Lindsey German, Barry Gardiner, Dave Ward, Sarah Woolley, Steve Turner, Holly Turner, Laura Pidcock, Fran Heathcote, Matt Wrack, Marvina Newton, Kevin Courtney.
"Stopping the virus"
"Stopping the virus: It doesn't have to be this way"
Zero Covid Coalition was live January 24 2021.
Our demand is that the government adopt a Zero Covid strategy, learning from the great success it has had in in other countries. To do this, we are uniting all those who want more effective action from the government.
Participants included Bell Ribeiro-Addy MP chair, Jo Grady UCU, Jay Patel, Robert West, Richard Burgon MP, Dr. Coral Jones, Keith Venables, Zita Holbourne, Sabby Dhalu Stand Up To Racism, Karen Reissmann People Before Profit, Lawrence Davies Equal Justice solicitors, Dr. Emma Runswick Zero Covid Coalition, Ramona McCartney The People's Assembly, Louise Irvine Keep Our NHS Public, Ben Chacko Morning Star, Howard Beckett Unite the Union, Riccardo la Torre FBU, Pascale Robinson We Own It, Matt Willgress, Arise and Labour Outlook, Sonali Bhattacharyya Momentum UK, Larissa Kennedy NUS, Helen O'Connor GMB.
Zero Covid Conference
November 2020 The People's Assembly organized an online "Zero Covid Conference". Participants included:
- "Covid, Class and the Economy" Laura Pidcock The People's Assembly, Steve Turner Unite the Union , Richard Burgon MP, Carolyn Jones Institute of Employment Rights, Michael Burke economist, Susan Michie Independent Sage.
- "No Return to Austerity" Shelly Asquith TUC Howard Beckett Unite the Union, Amarjite Singh CWU.
- "Class, Race and Covid" Zita Holbourne BARAC UK, Bell Ribeiro-Addy MP, Melissa Evens Bakers Union, Lindsey German The People's Assembly.
- "Youth Fightback" Johnnie Hunter YCL, Dr. Emma Runswick Zero Covid Campaign, Shabbir Lakha Counterfire, Larissa Kennedy NUS
- "Building a Pandemic Resistant Society" Robert West Independent Sage.
- "Health Wealth and a New Deal" Helen O'Connor, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Diane Abbott MP, Ellen Clifford Disabled People Against Cuts.
The Right to Strike"
Hospitality Workers Fighting Back
"The State of Work"
Defend Corbyn rally
November 1 2020 Julia Bard, John McDonnell, Laura Smith, Laura Pidcock, James Schneider, Aaron Bastani, Roger McKenzie, Andrew Feinstein, Lindsey German, Salma Yaqoob, Howard Beckett, Nadia Jama, Daniel Kebede, Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi, Ian Lavery, Tariq Ali took part in an online rally to defend Jeremy Corbyn from suspension from the Labour Party.