Honor the Earth
Honor the Earth
People vs. Fossil Fuels
Jamie Henn's Fossil Free Media is organizing "civil disobedience" at the White House October 11-15, 2021 to convince Joe Biden to take executive action to stop fossil fuels through their People vs. Fossil Fuels coalition of far left environmental activists. Honor the Earth was named as a People vs. Fossil Fuels endorsing national organization.
Recipient of Open Society Funding
Honor the Earth received a grant from the Open Society Foundation's Communities Against Hate initiative, which "supports organizations that are grappling with the spike in hate incidents in the United States over the last several months" as explained by a white paper dated June 22 2017.
- "Our local grants, which range from $15,000 to $150,000, aim to support, protect, and empower those who are targets of hateful acts and rhetoric, and to bolster communities’ resilience and ability to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future. We are making grants on a rolling basis, and there are a few more in process. A complete list will be published on the Open Society Foundations website when all of the grants have been issued."
As of February 2016;
- Tara Houska, National Campaigns Director
- Korey Northrup, Great Lakes Organizer
- Pam Mahling, Special Projects, and Development Associate
- Cecelia Rose LaPointe Special Projects, and Development Associate
- Cecelia Rose LaPointe, MA
- Sarah, LittleRedfeather Kalmanson, Creative: Graphics, Marketing and Media
- Thane Maxwell came on as our Community Organizer and support staff in the Twin Cities,
- Nicollette Slagle joined as a Researcher and Technical Advisor
- Don Wedll joined as our Policy Associate.
- JOIN US in Washington, D.C. To Demand a Fossil Free Future (accessed October 5, 2021)
- https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/sites/default/files/communities-against-hate-front-line-organizations-20170313.pdf Communities Against Hate: Front-Line Organizations, accessed July 23 2017