Hip Hop Caucus
Hip Hop Caucus
People vs. Fossil Fuels
Jamie Henn's Fossil Free Media is organizing "civil disobedience" at the White House October 11-15, 2021 to convince Joe Biden to take executive action to stop fossil fuels through their People vs. Fossil Fuels coalition of far left environmental activists. Hip Hop Caucus was named as a People vs. Fossil Fuels endorsing national organization.
Partner of the March for Science
EPA Asks Black Students to Become Activists for Obama Environmental Policies
From Liberty Unyielding, dated April 28, 2014 in article titled "EPA chief to students: ‘Pollution is holding back millions of African Americans’":
- Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy attended an event Thursday at Clark Atlanta University hosted by the Hip Hop Caucus, a non-profit 501 (c)(4) group that “promotes political activism,” as reported at the Huffington Post. Some of the issues on which they focus are gun control, voting rights and climate change.
- The EPA chief encouraged black students, who are “most vulnerable to climate change,” to become “champion climate justice advocates” by supporting some of the FDA rules currently being pushed by environmental activists. McCarthy mentioned “greenhouse gas emission standards for new power plants that the agency released last fall, and the rules for existing plants” that are set to be released on June 1.
- It is a matter of “equity,” the EPA chief said, as minorities have been “overburdened by pollution and environmental health hazards for far too long…”
- “You can’t ensure environmental justice, and we can’t deliver on this president’s promise of opportunity for all,” she continued, “without giving people clean air and clean water and clean land to live on…”
- A recorded message from McCarthy is posted on the Hip Hop Caucus website, where she says,
- “Pollution is holding back millions of African Americans fighting for middle class security.” She continues, “Environmental justice is social justice.” McCarthy also says, “We have a moral obligation to act now.”