Heather Lyall is the partner of Joe Carolan.
Socialist Aotearoa May Day letter to Helen Kelly
A 2008 letter to CTU President Helen Kelly;
- We would like to extend our solidarity to our hard working junior doctors, whose organisation, the New Zealand Resident Doctors' Association, finds itself attacked by the representative of the Council of Trade Unions for giving "unions a bad name" in the media.
- It is our belief that the job of unions is to represent their members, and not the ruling political party of the day. In that, the NZRDA is to be congratulated for standing up for its workers rights, and it is the CTU leadership that needs a lesson in giving the union movement a good name by supporting rather that attacking those who are in struggle.
- John Minto, Editor of Workers Charter, Unite Workers Union
- Simon Ooosterman, Union Organiser, Social Justice activist
- Elliot Blade, University of Auckland Greens on Campus
- Joe Carolan, Socialist Aotearoa
- Meredydd Barrar, Citizens Against Privatisation
- Kathryn Tucker, Unite Union Waikato/Bay of Plenty, Socialist Aotearoa
- Tom Buckley, Union Organiser, Socialist Aotearoa
- Luke Coxon, Union Organiser
- Oisin O Connell, Worker, Socialist Aotearoa
- Danielle Cullen, Worker, FINSEC member
- Richie Steward, Personal Capacity
- Nico Woodward, Nurse, Socialist Aotearoa
- Gary Cranston, Worker
- Heather Lyall, Mother 
- Nexus No 4
- SCOOP 11.9.05
- Socialist Aotearoa blog April 27 08