Gloria La Riva
- 1 2018 Peace and Freedom Party slate/California
- 2 Castro connection
- 3 Tribute to Frank Pestana & Leonard Weinglass
- 4 Peace for Cuba Appeal
- 5 Workers World
- 6 US Labor Against the War
- 7 Center for Political Education
- 8 WIDF affiliated United States "Regional Workshops"
- 9 National Conference on Socialism
- 10 People's Congress of Resistance endorsers
- 11 PSA conference, Albuquerque
- 12 Honduras Caravan
- 13 References
Gloria La Riva is a leader of the Party for Socialism and Liberation.
2018 Peace and Freedom Party slate/California
Vote the Peace and Freedom Party Slate: ☻ Gloria La Riva for Governor ☻Nathalie Hrizi for Insurance Commissioner ☻ Jordan P. Mills for Congress 49th District ☻ Gayle McLaughlin for Lieutenant Governor ☻ John Parker for U.S. Senator ☻ C.T. Weber for Secretary of State ☻ Kevin Akin for State Treasurer ☻ Mary Lou Finley for State Controller.
Tribute to Frank Pestana & Leonard Weinglass
Echo Park United Methodist Church 1226 N. Alvarado Boulevard, Los Angeles 90026
With deep privilege of knowing these 2 extraordinary, militant attorneys who set an example for all of us by their dedication and commitment to uphold the dignity of all human beings.
Welcome: Union of Progressive Iranians
Honoring Leonard Weinglass:
- Gloria La Riva, of the Cuban 5 Campaign
- Dedon Kamathi, KPFK Freedom Now Host
- Paula Solomon, People's College of Law
Honoring Frank Pestana:
Spoken Word by:
- "The Chicago 10"
Open Microphone and Closing Comments
Peace for Cuba Appeal
US Labor Against the War
At a February 13, 2003 US Labor Against the War press conference in San Francisco, several local unionists spoke in support, including Gloria La Riva, President of the Media Workers Union, Communications Workers of America .
Center for Political Education
In 2007 Michel Shehadeh, an LA 8 Member and Gloria La Riva, an activist and member of the International Action Center were in a panel entitled: "Deportation and the Assault on the First Amendment-Could it Happen to You? A Panel Discussion on the impact of the LA 8 Supreme Court Decision on Immigrants’ Free Speech Rights". This event was co-sponsored with the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee. The classes were held at the San Francisco based Center for Political Education, an organization closely associated with the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism.
WIDF affiliated United States "Regional Workshops"
- IAC-NWFN, Joan Wile - Fundadora e Diretora
- University of California, Digna Sanchez- Membra
- Women's Studies Prgrm, Jenny Heinz
- Coalición anti-guerra A.N.S.W.E.R., Gloria La Riva
- Community activist; active in the struggle for Puerto Rican independence, Wilma Esther Reveron Collazo
- Community activist lawyer in El Barrio;; active in immigration issues, Gloria Eneida Quinones - member Women for Racial and Economic Equality
- International President of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom , Regina Birchem
- LUZ DE LAS NIEVES AYRESS MORENO, Nieves Ayress - nacionalidad chilena
National Conference on Socialism
The Opening Plenary introduced conference participants to the Party for Socialism and Liberation, highlighting recent struggles and campaigns.
The Keynote Plenary featured;
- Gloria La Riva, PSL Presidential Candidate
- Eugene Puryear, Vice Presidential Candidate
- Brian Becker, member of the PSL's Political Committee.
People's Congress of Resistance endorsers
Party for Socialism and Liberation - PSL, August 9, 2017;
PSA conference, Albuquerque
- Eyewitness report: Our first encounter with the Honduras Caravan.
- As night fell on a Mexican highway heading south from La Tinaja in the state of Veracruz on our way to meet the Honduran caravan, we came upon the first group of 200 Honduran refugees. They had walked more than 25 miles today in the humid heat, without water or food of any kind. Those we spoke with had entered Mexico from Guatemala on October 15. Although some 7,000 people, almost all Hondurans, entered en masse, some groups are separated by distance if they were transported by sympathetic people.
- The group of 200 Hondurans we met had women and men of all ages, including pregnant women, babies and children.
- International Peace for Cuba Appeal - letterhead, Nov. 14, 1994
- Center for Political Education website: Past Classes (1998 - 2007)
- Women’s International Democratic Federation, regional workshops, USA, accessed Feb. 22, 2011
- PSL National Conference on Socialism, November 13-14, 2010 report, PSL website, accessed November 30, 2010
- [https://www.liberationnews.org/eyewitness-report-our-first-encounter-with-the-honduras-caravan/?utm_source=one_signal&utm_medium=desktop_alert&utm_campaign=liberationnews Liberation Eyewitness report: Our first encounter with the Honduras Caravan By Gloria La Riva and Adán PlascenciaNov 03, 2018]