Supported Communist Party call
Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights
In 1992 Gertrude Berger was a member of the Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights, a long time front for the Communist Party USA, then dominated by members of the newly formed Committees of Correspondence.
Communist Party's May Day Salute
In 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper People's Weekly World, published a "May Day salute" to the "heroes in the class war zone". More than 200 unionists endorsed the call, mostly known affiliates, or members of the Communist Party.
Gert Berger, AFT (retired) Chicago, was one of those listed.
Endorsing Communist Party call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Gert Berger of Chicago, Illinois was on the list.
Birthday Greetings to William "Red" Davis
- In the fight for the unity and integrity of the Party in St. Louis, Missouri, in the post-war years, "Red" has been a rock of confidence and commitment to building the Communist Party.
Greetings were sent from Gertrude Berger of Illinois.
Reviewed "Soviet" book
- PWW, May Day Supplement May 2, 1992
- CCDBR 1992 membership list
- People's Weekly World May 6 1995 p 2
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- Peoples Weekly World December 9, 1995 page 19
- Comparative Education Review, vol. 42, no. 4