George Fish is an Indiana activist., A freelance writer living in Indianapolis, has written for Dialogue & Initiative, Monthly Review, Political Affairs, Against the Current and Socialism and Democracy.
Committees of Correspondence
On February 26 1994 a Midwest Regional Meeting of Committees of Correspondence was held at West Lafayette Indiana.
Participants included George Fish Indianapolis, Indiana.
In 1995, George Fish was a CoC member.
CCDS Midwest meeting
Twenty members and friends of the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism (CCDS) spent April 25 2009, in West Lafayette, Indiana, discussing how to build an effective progressive majority for the Obama years at its semi-annual Midwest regional meeting.
George Fish, Indianapolis CCDS member, raised the specter of a futile "guns and butter" policy with Obama trying to pursue his domestic agenda while still keeping sizeable forces in Iraq and escalating U.S. involvement in Afghanistan and incursions into Pakistan..
In 2005 the Central Indiana Democratic Socialists of America local ran a booth in the Indianapolis Labor Day Parade and Picnic; marched with Justice for Janitors and AFSCME; participated as an exhibitor in “Alternative Media Festival” sponsored by Public Access Indianapolis; and took part in an “Alternative Politics Forum” in Bloomington, sponsored by the Indiana University Progressive Faculty Union, where Local Chair Brad Lorton and Indianapolis Branch Chair George Fish were panelists.
Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
We Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was a 2018 letter signed by several Democratic Socialists of America members mainly from the DSA North Star in response to attacks on Ocasio-Cortez over remarks she made on Palestine.
- A recent petition circulated by some DSA members criticizes Ocasio-Cortez for supporting a two state solution to the Palestine-Israel question and not aligning with a long list of demands regarding Palestine and Israel. Should Ocasio-Cortez fail to agree with this list of demands, the petitioners are calling for DSA to revoke her endorsement. These attacks on Ocasio-Cortez have come despite the fact that she has staked out positions which will make her one of the strongest advocates of Palestinian rights and self-determination in Congress.
- We stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The position she has taken on Israel and Palestine are principled stances, worthy of a democratic socialist, in its recognition of both Palestinian humanity and rights and Israeli humanity and rights. On this issue, as many, she will be a voice for the voiceless in Congress.
Signatures included George Fish.
- COC Midwest Regional Meeting running sheet
- Dem. Left, Sept./Oct 1995, page 39
- Heartland Radical, MIDWEST CCDS DISCUSSES STRATEGIZING AROUND ECONOMICS, BUILDING A PROGRESSIVE AGENDA AS NATIONAL CONVENTION APPROACHES Harry Targ May 3, 2009
- Democratic Left, Spring 2005