- 1 FRSO
- 2 Eric Quezada PRESENTE!
- 3 YES on C & E rally
- 4 David Campos supporters
- 5 Ear to the Ground Project
- 6 Kicking off Stop the Evictions
- 7 Mission Housing crew
- 8 Honoring the life and work of John Ross
- 9 Book talk with Jamala Rogers
- 10 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 11 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 12 References
Fernando Marti is a San Francisco activist. He is a community architect, printmaker, installation artist, writer and poet. Originally from Ecuador, he has been deeply involved with neighborhood struggles in San Francisco’s Mission District and SoMa since the mid-90s, creating art for and with many local organizations, working on housing and environmental justice, teaching political postermaking with the SF Print Collective, and facilitating classes with the Center for Political Education.
He is married to Michelle Foy.
Eric Quezada PRESENTE!
Friends of Eric Quezada and the Center for Political Education invite you to a community celebration of Eric’s life on the occasion of his 48th birthday and the 15th anniversary of the Center for Political Education.
Celebrate Eric’s contributions to SF-based struggles for social and economic justice, which continue to resonate long after his passing in 2011.
In 1998, Eric Quezada and others founded the CPE at a kitchen table meeting in Bernal Heights. Fifteen years later, the CPE continues to serve as a resource for the San Francisco left, by organizing workshops, talks and community events on topics essential to building strong, conscious social movements.
Proceeds benefit The Center for Political Education)
YES on C & E rally
Gordon Mar, November 5, 2012.
YES on C & E rally for affordable housing and to restore cuts to public services in SF! — with Somcan Sf, Conny Ford, Jennifer Friedenbach, Angelica Cabande, Tommi Avicolli Mecca, Sara Shortt, Fernando Marti and Chelsea Boilard at San Francisco City Hall.
David Campos supporters
feel free to tag yourself, download it, share it, make it your own!!
we have less than a month left to get him elected! — with Jose Cruz, Carlos Manuel Martinez, Michelle Foy, Annyred Roldan, Mario De Mira, Mari Posa, Alba Guerra, Aspen Dominguez, Sarah Lesla Korda, Karla Gabriela, Luis Vasquez Gomez, Maria Breaux, Migue Astudillo Hirsch, Lidia Salazar, Michelle White, Catalina Valencia, Isa Noyola, Fernando Marti, Lucia Luz Libre Kimble and Pavel Villegas.
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Fernando Marti was among those on the list. 
Kicking off Stop the Evictions
Gordon Mar September 13, 2014.
Kicking off Stop the Evictions, Raise the Wage, Yes on G & J campaigns - tenants, workers, youth, seniors, Supervisors Campos, Chiu, Kim & Mar — with Athena Waid, Feng Kung, Conny Ford, Fernando Marti, James Tracy, Pilar Schiavo, Ken Tray and Robbie Clark at Harvey Milk Plaza.
Mission Housing crew
Fernando Marti, October 1, 2016; ·
Honoring the life and work of John Ross
Honoring the life and work of John Ross at Cafe la Boheme San Francisco, on the fifth anniversary of his death. He wanted "Never learned to be a prisoner," to be etched on his grave. Then, in a characteristic twist, his will expressed his desire to be cremated and have his friends spread his ashes from the window a moving #14 Mission St. bus. As a first person witness/participant, I can attest this — with Nancy Charraga Corlay, Jeff Conant, Laboheme Awad, John Avalos, Phil Hutchings, Fernando Marti, Tony Ryan and Carolina Dutton. Jason Wallach January 18, 2016.
Book talk with Jamala Rogers
518 Valencia St, San Francisco Sunday 7 February 2016, organized by Michelle Foy "Book talk with Jamala Rogers, founder of the St. Louis based Organization for Black Struggle & author of Ferguson is America: Roots of Rebel".
- Jamala will explore the roots of the Ferguson Rebellion and the practical lessons for organizing.
- "There is no algorithm, no theory that can predict when human rage reaches its boiling point. I wanted to expose to some and to remind others that there is another side of Ferguson, St. Louis County, USA that exists...if we work together in a respectful & disciplined way, a new Ferguson, St. Louis, & USA, is possible." —Jamala Rogers
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included Georgia Faye Hirsty, Melanie McCrea, Joe Navarro, Michelle Foy, Cynthia Fong, Gerald Lenoir, Fernando Marti, Lucia Aguilar-Navarro, Joyce Nakamura, Jeremy Gong, Jason Wallach, Andrew Rogge, Lucy Clarke, Colleen FitzSimons, Saima Hashimi, Rachel Rye Butler, Pam Tau Lee, Afomeia Tesfai, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Kari Riesgo Banuelos, Eva Martinez, Justin Tombolesi, Josh Warren-White, Kate Sorensen, Malkia Cyril, Lelia Gomez, Mark Prudowsky, N’Tanya Lee, Marcy Rein, Finley Coyl, Shina Riane, Ken Yamada, Dyan Ruiz, Nancy Wan, Sarah Jarmon, Mark McBeth, Leon Sun, Sabrina Cascos Peterson, Mary Sweeters, Eric See, Dani Gonzalez, Mashael Majid, Susan Weiss, Juan Gamboa, Jr., Amy Sonnie, Felicia Gustin, Mickey Ellinger, Betty Pazmino, Charlie Fredrick, Aimee Molina Cuellar, Becki Ming-Yoke Hom.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating they would attend, on Facebook included Fernando Marti .
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Fernando Marti .
- ecosocialism canada, Monday, November 1, 2010 The Road is Green and Red: Toward an Ecological Socialism Written by Fernando Marti Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- [http://www.politicaleducation.org/programs/upcoming-events/ CPE Upcoming events, UPCOMING EVENTS + CLASSES Eric Quezada PRESENTE!]
- Ear to the Ground, About, accessed Nov. 12, 2015
- Wherevent Book talk with Jamala Rogers, founder of the St. Louis based Organization for Black Struggle & author of Ferguson is America: Roots of Rebel
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109