Zero Covid "Day of Action" rally
"Stopping the virus"
"Stopping the virus: It doesn't have to be this way"
Zero Covid Coalition was live January 24 2021.
Our demand is that the government adopt a Zero Covid strategy, learning from the great success it has had in in other countries. To do this, we are uniting all those who want more effective action from the government.
Participants included Bell Ribeiro-Addy MP chair, Jo Grady UCU, Jay Patel, Robert West, Richard Burgon MP, Dr. Coral Jones, Keith Venables, Zita Holbourne, Sabby Dhalu Stand Up To Racism, Karen Reissmann People Before Profit, Lawrence Davies Equal Justice solicitors, Dr. Emma Runswick Zero Covid Coalition, Ramona McCartney The People's Assembly, Louise Irvine Keep Our NHS Public, Ben Chacko Morning Star, Howard Beckett Unite the Union, Riccardo la Torre FBU, Pascale Robinson We Own It, Matt Willgress, Arise and Labour Outlook, Sonali Bhattacharyya Momentum UK, Larissa Kennedy NUS, Helen O'Connor GMB.
Zero Covid Conference
November 2020 The People's Assembly organized an online "Zero Covid Conference". Participants included:
- "Covid, Class and the Economy" Laura Pidcock The People's Assembly, Steve Turner Unite the Union , Richard Burgon MP, Carolyn Jones Institute of Employment Rights, Michael Burke economist, Susan Michie Independent Sage.
- "No Return to Austerity" Shelly Asquith TUC Howard Beckett Unite the Union, Amarjite Singh CWU.
- "Class, Race and Covid" Zita Holbourne BARAC UK, Bell Ribeiro-Addy MP, Melissa Evens Bakers Union, Lindsey German The People's Assembly.
- "Youth Fightback" Johnnie Hunter YCL, Dr. Emma Runswick Zero Covid Campaign, Shabbir Lakha Counterfire, Larissa Kennedy NUS
- "Building a Pandemic Resistant Society" Robert West Independent Sage.
- "Health Wealth and a New Deal" Helen O'Connor, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Diane Abbott MP, Ellen Clifford Disabled People Against Cuts.
The Broad Left is a small group of doctors and medical students who stood on a common platform for BMA Council. We aim to organise members, democratise the BMA and fight for members and the NHS.
Socialist Health Association
Emma Runswick March 8 2016.
- At this week’s Socialist Health Association AGM, both Andrew Gwynne MP and a GP member were enthusiastic about how progressive the idea of a 7-day NHS is, and how the Labour Party should support it. The phrases ‘the NHS should be there when people need it’ and ‘it will reduce health inequalities’ were used.