The following individuals are serving as the California Democratic Party Progressive Caucus’s executive board for the 2019-2021 term.
- Chair Amar Shergill
- Vice-Chair, Northern Region David Hildebrand
- Vice-Chair, Central Region Manuel Zapata
- Vice-Chair, Southern Region Susie Shannon
- Treasurer Kevin Lourens
- Secretary Lauren Bier
- Parliamentarian Emma Jenson
- Communications & Social Media Officer Rico Franco
- Officer-at-Large Jovanka Beckles
- Officer-at-Large Zach Denney
Standing for AD 73
In 2019 Emma Jenson stood from AD 73 for the California Cemocratic Party central Committee.
I knocked on my first door in late May of 2016 for Senator Bernie Sanders. One week later, after having been registered to vote for 17 years as “No Party Preference,” I voted in my first ever presidential primary. Seven months later, on January 8th, 2017, I registered as a Democrat so that I could cast my vote in our Assembly Delegate Election Meeting (ADEM) for Assembly District 73. I had sat 17 years with a sense of voicelessness in the political process – a sense that my vote didn’t matter, especially to the Democratic Party. By showing up that day to vote for 5 individuals who recognized that feeling of voicelessness, reached out, and bridged that 17 year divide between personal passion and party politics, I suddenly became part of a movement; a movement to “democratize” the Democratic Party. On Saturday, January 26th, 2019, I am asking for you to do the same: show up, speak loud, and cast your vote for me to be your Executive Board Representative and delegate to the California Democratic Party, as well as for the 9 other remarkable individuals with whom I have the honor of running along side on the Unity in the Community Slate.
- Joining the South Orange County Democratic Club as Political Director,
- Directing field and voter outreach for Scott Rhinehart for State Assembly in the 73rd district in the 2018 general election,
- Joining the interim board of Our Revolution SoCal-OC as Parliamentarian,
- Recently being elected as incoming Chair of the South Orange County Democratic Club.