Eliana Darroch is a New Zealand activist.
Workers Charter conference
The Workers Charter Movement was the embryo of a new left wing political party, modeled on the successful British “Respect” coalition and the less successful Australian Socialist Alliance. It was also a co-ordinating body for militant union trade union activity. The “movement” published a “Workers Charter” newspaper.
- This Saturday, 7th October, starts 11am
Auckland Trades Hall 147 Great North Rd, Grey Lynn
- 11 – 11.10am Welcome from chair (Daphne Lawless).
- 11.10am – 12.30pm – Workers Charter, a paper for the movement – introduced by John Minto (editorial) & Bronwyn Summers (financial).
- 1.30 – 3pm – Unions in the 21st century – intro by Laila Harre (NDU), Andrew Little (EPMU), Sue Bradford (Green MP), Mengzhu (Radical Youth) and Joe Carolan (unionist & socialist).
- 3.15 – 4pm – Human Rights for Workers campaign – introduced by Vaughan Gunson (unionist & socialist) and Eliana Darroch (Radical Youth).
- 4pm – 4.30 pm – Graham Matthews, Australian unionist.
- 4.30 – 4.45pm – election of expanded, national editorial board of Workers Charter paper.
- 4.45 – 5.30pm – Climaction Day (4 November) to build a campaign for System Change, Not Climate Change. Speaker(s) to be confirmed.