Committees of Correspondence Connection
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
Campaign to Free Ahmad Sa'adat
"International Women's Day with Rasmea Odeh"
Special guest Rasmea Odeh. Her courage and strength as she faces ongoing persecution by the U.S. Dept. of Justice has made her a symbol of the resistance by women in Palestine and in the struggles for national liberation all over the world.
Other guests included Mariame Kaba, founder of the NIA Project in Chicago, and one of the members of We Charge Genocide, the group that appeared before the UN Committee on Torture to expose the Chicago Police, Sarah Chambers, a member of the bargaining committee of the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) that led the strike in 2012, and co-chair of the Caucus of Rank and File Educators, leaders in CTU, Kait McIntyre, a leading anti-war activist in Chicago, and a member of Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!.
Those indicating they would attend on Wherevent included Nadine Darwish, Lisa Grown Johnson, Bonnie Coyle, Kait McIntyre, Yiska Schwartz, Nancy Hammond, Charlotte Kates, Rima Isam Anabtawi, Sarah Wild, Julia Mearsheimer, Ahndrea Nicole Sprattling, Nick Suess, Gofraidh Westberry, Abdullah Al Bayyari Amara, Joe Iosbaker, Alfonso Casal, Timmy Rose, Abdul Rahman Al Sayed-Taha, Dick Reilly, Amoo Sam, Mike Siviwe Elliott, Ben Cline, Zach Taylor, Bill Chambers, Jeff Pickert . 
- Chicago CoC "Membership, Subscription and Mailing List" 10.14.94
- Liberal Education website: List of Ayers Supporters
- Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine petition to free Israeli imprisoned Palestinian activist Ahmad Sa'adat, accessed Feb. 8. 2011
- Wherevent "International Women's Day with Rasmea Odeh"