- Detroit DSA also did statewide mailings and e-mail blasts to our members urging them to vote for lesser known candidates on the ballot: Diane Hathaway for Michigan Supreme Court, Diann Woodard for the Michigan State University Board of Trustees, and Paul Massaron (whose wife is a DSA member) for Wayne State University Board of Governors. All three of these candidates won..
At the November 1, 2008 Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America general membership meeting, speaker, Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Diane Hathaway discussed her campaign for the Michigan Supreme Court and explained how a "cabal of Engler-appointees on the Michigan Supreme Court have acted to undermine the administration of justice".
The Justice Caucus
On August 28, 2010, The Justice Caucus held a meeting at the 2010 Michigan Democratic Party Convention which ran from August 28-29, 2010. Speaking on the panel were Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Sen. Debbie Stabenow, Paul Stevenson, Justice Diane Hathaway, Justice Alton Thomas Davis, Judge Denise Langford Morris. At the meeting, the Caucus presented Governor Jennifer Granholm with the "Spirit of Millie Award" honoring her contribution to Michigan's judiciary via judicial appointments.
- DDDSA Newsletter, jan. 2009
- GDDSA newsletter, nov. 2008
- West Michigan Rising: Justice Caucus at the Convention, Aug. 30, 2010 (accessed on Feb. 17, 2011)
- [http://www.justice4michigan.org/node/76 Justice 4 Michigan: Justice Caucus to Honor Governor Granholm's Contribution to Michigan Judiciary, August 20, 2011)