Veterans for Peace contact
5 Years Too Many
PROTEST WITH COMMUNITY LEADERS!
ON THE ANIVERSARY OF THE MARCH 19, 2003 INVASION OF IRAQ,
AT THE OFFICE OF JOHN MCCAIN , THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE WHO SAID 100 YEARS IN IRAQ "would be fine with me" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk
When: 4:30 p.m - 7:30 p.m., this Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Where: In front of Senator McCain's Office, 5353 N. 16th Street.
Candlelight Vigil starts at 7:00 p.m.
Starting at 5:00 p.m. this Wednesday these community leaders will speak:
- Warren Stewart, senior pastor at First Institutional Baptist Church of Phoenix. Led the coalition which successfully campaigned for the Martin Luther King Jr./Civil Rights Day in Arizona;
- Charles Goyette, morning talk show host at KFNX 1100 News and Talk. In 2004 lost his Clear Channel KFYI program because of his sharp criticism of the war;
- Kyrsten Sinema, Arizona State representative;
- Karen Johnson, Arizona State senator;
- Jarrett Maupin, Phoenix Union High School District Board member;
- Alfredo Gutierrez, Arizona State Senator between 1976 and 1982 and current Radio Campesina talk show host;
- Jeff Farias, afternoon talk show host at progressive talk KPXH 1480;
- Eleanor Eisenberg, recently retired Executive Director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona and long time community, peace and civil rights activist;
- Deedra Abboud, executive director of the Muslim American Society of Arizona Freedom Foundation. On January 18, 2008, awarded the Phoenix MLK Jr. “Living the Dream” award;
- Antonio Bustamante, immigration attorney and civil rights advocate with Los Abogados, a Maricopa County Hispanic legal organization; and
- Dennis Stout, Viet Nam war army journalist who reported war crimes later described in the Pulitzer Prize winning series "Buried Secrets, Buried Truths." Founder of Phoenix Veterans for Peace and host at KPHX’ s weekly “About Face” talk show.