- 1 Education
- 2 Working for Washington
- 3 Black Radical Congress
- 4 Endorsed Communist Party Call
- 5 Communist Party USA
- 6 "The Life & Legacy of Nelson Mandela"
- 7 Ecuador communist conference
- 8 African American Equality Commission
- 9 Political Affairs
- 10 What's race got to do with it?
- 11 New member phone bank
- 12 19th International Meeting of Communist and Workers’ Parties
- 13 National Party Building Conference
- 14 References
Denise (Dee) Banks-Myles is a Registered Nurse and Chief Steward, Provident Hospital, Chicago.
Working for Washington
Dee Myles, was one many Communist Party USA members who worked on Harold Washington's Chicago mayoral campaigns. She worked in the 1983 campaign as a precinct worker and in the 1987 campaign as a ward coordinator in the independent political committee in the 7th ward.
Dee Myles described the campaign of 1983 as a real "people’s movement". She remembered "people riding on the bus to work in South Chicago wearing their blue Washington for Chicago buttons. After his election, a city ban on public musicians was lifted, and there just seemed to be more music in the city", Myles said. “It was really a period of engagement that was quite astonishing.”
Black Radical Congress
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsers including Dee Myles, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Communist Party USA
In the Feb. 28-March 5, 2004 edition of the PWW, P. 16, Myles was a speaker at a NYS Communist Party & Political Affairs magazine forum at their Unity Center, 235 W. 23 St, NYC, as a "longtime activist and educator, Chair of the CPUSA Education Commission".
Joan Elbert, Barbara Russum, Bea Lumpkin, William Appelhans, Bill Mackovich, Carolyn Black, Carroll Krois, Dee Myles, Doug Freedman, Frank Lumpkin, John Bachtell, Kevin Collins, Lance Cohn, Mark Almberg, Marguerite Horberg, Martha Pedroza, Mike Giocondo, Pepe Lozano, Roberta Wood, Scott Marshall, Shelby Richardson, Sijisfredo Aviles, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano.
"The Life & Legacy of Nelson Mandela"
Tuesday, December 17 2013, the Communist Party USA held a special People's World teleconference presentation on the life and legacy of Nelson Mandela. People's World co-editor Joe Sims and Communist Party International Secretary Emile Schepers with host Dee Myles discussed "this historic and global figure in the fight for freedom". 
Ecuador communist conference
African American Equality Commission
In July 2015, Members of African American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group included Dee Miles.
- Closed working group for the African American Equality Commission of the CP USA. This is a space for members of the commission to brainstorm, communicate, and work through ideas between official meetings..
What's race got to do with it?
"What's race got to do with it? Class, ethnicity and conflict in an evolving U.S. nation"
Sunday 15 February 2015, 20:00, Organized by : Communist Party USA
- Join us for a Sunday evening discussion of Lenin's analysis of nations and national oppression and their applicability to 21st century America. Joe Sims will facilitate.
Those indicating they would attend on Wherevent include Dee Myles, Casey Doyle, Michelle Kern, Keri Rautenkranz Barbara Russum, Christian L. Wade, Athena Matyear, Emily Nashoba Dykes, Abby Liz, Betty Smith, Kelly Sinclair, Kathleen Casey, Chris Reynolds, Charles Brown, Josh Leclair, Roberto J. Mercado, Emile Schepers, Christopher D. Sims, Abdol H. Banaei, Zachary Clereigh, David Bender, Earchiel Johnson, Dan Power, Ahmad Budi, Adam R. Raven, Kyle Ritzinger, John Milam, Estevan Nembhard, Adrian Felty Ken Heard, Jordan Stepleton, Badreldin Elfaisal, Daniel Sankey, Hasan İncedere, Armando Ramirez, Chris Elliott, Larry Burks II . 
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those saying they went, on Facebook included Dee Miles.
19th International Meeting of Communist and Workers’ Parties
Scott Hiley and Dee Miles on behalf of the Communist Party USA, addressed the 19th International Meeting of Communist and Workers’ Parties, which took place Nov. 2-3 2017 in St. Petersburg, Russia. The meeting was held in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution of 1917.
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference. You can register here https://tinyurl.com/ycdouk3y
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
According to the Facebook page for the event, those who attended included Dee Myles.
- Article on the Solidnet website, taken from the People's World website (original article now removed)
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- PW,Join us Tuesday to discuss the life and legacy of Nelson Mandela, by: Special to PeoplesWorld.org December 13 2013
- PW, Unity worth the effort at world Communist meeting by: DEE MYLES december 15 2014
- American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group. accessed July 10, 2015
- PA About, accessed October 2015
- PW U.S. Communists: Defeating fascism first step for dealing with capitalist crisis November 6, 2017 9:21 AM CST BY SCOTT HILEY AND DEE MILES