Left Forum 2008
The Backlash Against Dissent on Israel - Strategies For Response: Drawing upon their own experiences, panelists will address how dissenting voices on Israel have been suppressed or silenced, and ways to respond politically to the backlash that is taking place against dissent on Israel.
- Joel Kovel, Author, Overcoming Zionism, Founding Member, Committee for Open Discussion of Zionism, CODZ
- Debbie Almontaser, Educator, Founding Principal, Khalil Gibran International Academy, New York City
- Donna Nevel, Community Psychologist and educator
- Alison Weir, Journalist, Founder of If Americans Knew
Left Forum 2011
Challenging Islamophobia and Racism:
- Sponsored by: Women Against Islamophobia and Racism
- Debbie Almontaser, Muslim Consultative Network
- Dinu Ahmed, Khadijah's Caravan
- Donna Nevel, Community psychologist and educator, Jews Say No
- Louis Cristillo, Research Assistant Professor in the Department of International and Transcultural Studies, Columbia University
- Moumita Zaman, Khadijah's Caravan
- Ujju Aggarwal, Center for Immigrant Families
Muslim Democratic Club of New York September 7, 2014:
Knock knock! Who's there? The #MuslimVOTE movement! #MuslimDems hit the streets today to help elect the first NYS Muslim Senator. Our team reminded residents in Southeast Queens to vote for experience, integrity and advocacy - to vote for Munir Avery on Primary Election Day, Tuesday 9/9! — with Debbie Almontaser, Farjana Khan, Saubirah Hk, Faiza N. Ali, Aliya Latif, Murad Awawdeh, Munir Avery, Ayisha Irfan, Linda Sarsour and Alexandra Owens.
Board members with Robert Jackson
Muslim Democratic Club of New York July 12, 2014:
Muslim Public Affairs Council - MPAC June 14 2019·
Our #EmpoweringVoices Awards in #DC brings all of our communities together to honor incredible figures who have worked diligently to preserve our shared values in the face of a turbulent political environment. This year, we'll be honoring Dr. Debbie Almontaser, Mehdi Hasan, Representative Zoe Lofgren and the The United States Department of Justice's Eric Treene. Don't miss this inspiring evening on June 19. Tickets: mpac.org/ev — at Hyatt Regency Washington DC.