David E. Sullivan
- For other uses, see David Sullivan (disambiguation)
David E. Sullivan
DSA Elected Representatives, 1990
- Ron Dellums, US Rep., California
- Major Owens, US Rep., California
- David Dinkins, NY Mayor
- Jim Scheibel, St Paul, Minnesota Mayor
- Ben Nichols, Ithaca (NY) Mayor
- Larry Agran, Irvine (CA) Mayor
- Jim Conn, Santa Monica Mayor
- Niilo Koponen, Alaska State Legislator, Fairbanks
- Beverly Stein, Oregon State Rep., Portland
- Perry Bullard, Michigan State Rep., Lansing
- Babette Josephs, Pennsylvania State Rep., Philadelphia
- Ruth Messinger, Manhattan Borough President
- Harry Britt, President, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- Maryann Mahaffey, President, Detroit City Council
- Hilda Mason, Washington DC, City Councilor
- David B. Sullivan, Cambridge (MA) City Councilor
- David Scondras, Boston (MA) City Councilor
- Anne Chandler, Berkeley (CA) City Councilor
- Mildred Jeffrey, Wayne State University (Detroit) Governor
Democratic Socialists of America
Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards Reception
On June 12, 2001, David E. Sullivan was a supporter of the annual Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards reception which is hosted by Boston Democratic Socialists of America. The Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Award is presented to "leaders who fight for democracy, here at home and around the world". Ed Clark, Honorary Vice Chair of Democratic Socialists of America; and Communist Party USA-linked Dessima Williams received the Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Award, while DSAer John Maher received the Michael Harrington Lifetime Achievement Award. DSAer David Knuttunen; Boston-based "social justice" organization Neighbor to Neighbor; and In These Times members Abby Rockefeller and Lee Halprin were benefactors of the reception. The reception took place at the home of DSAer Marcia Peters and her husband David Karaus in Jamaica Plain.
On September 24, 2006, Boston Democratic Socialists of America presented its annual Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Award to "our longtime comrade, Director of Massachusetts Neighbor to Neighbor Harris Gruman". Hosted by former Neighbor to Neighbor Director John Maher and Co-Chaired by Senator Pat Jehlen and MA AFL-CIO Vice President Ed Collins, the event was also a fundraiser for both Boston DSA and the Mass Alliance Some Alliance endorsed candidates were among the attendees, including Denise Provost, Jarrett Barrios, Willie Mae Allen, Claire Naughton and Will Brownsberger. Political Director Georgia Hollister Isman explained how the Mass Alliance helps elect progressives to the MA legislature, and introduced some of the candidates.
- Pat Jehlen and John Mayer noted how Harris combines the skills and abilities of an ace precinct captain and shrewd political strategist with a vast knowledge of the more obscure Austria, Italy, which undoubtably comes in handy on the campaign trail.
David E. Sullivan was among those listed as a patron of the event.