"Survival Day 84" "benefactors"
"Westside Friends of Jackie Goldberg"
Signatories to a letter from Westside Friends of Jackie Goldberg, dated January 15, 1993 were;
- Mayor Judy Abdo
- Cynthia Anderson and Tim Barker
- Nancy Angelo
- Abby Haight Arnold
- Elaine Attias
- David Clennon
- Steve Ediger and Sharon Seto
- Margo Feinberg
- Larry Frank and Catherine Hess
- Jan Goodman and Jerry Manpearl
- Bob Gottlieb
- Woody Hastings
- Kelly Hayes-Raitt
- Elizabeth Hirsch
- Paula Litt and Barrett Litt
- Abby J. Leibman
- Suzy Marks and Wally Marks
- Sarah Pillsbury and Richard Kletter
- Laurie Pincus and Phil Brimble
- Elena Popp
- Michele Prichard and Rod Lane
- Vivian Rothstein
- Jane Small and Hugh Hallenberg
- Moe Stavnezer
- Gary Stewart
- Steve Tarzynski and Kathie Sheldon
- Julie Thompson and Brogan De Paor
- Andrea Tuch
- Barbara Zheutlin
- Bill Zimmerman
No War In Iraq
On Feb. 18, 2003, seven members of the Los Angeles City Council voted "yes" after Eric Garcetti eloquently introduced the No War In Iraq resolution which was seconded by Ruth Galanter. Seven strong statements were made on behalf of the innocent civilian populations of Iraq and against a preemptive, first-strike policy by the U.S. The "only problem at City Council today was IT NEEDED 8 VOTES TO PASS!"
Nick Pacheco who is expected to vote yes was absent.
Cindy Miscikowski, in "a admirable procedural step", cited the lack of a decisive vote--- 7 to 5 --- and moved that a final vote take place Friday. That proposal was accepted.
Neighbors For Peace & Justice, actors Ed Asner and David Clennon, the religious, labor and academic leaders who spoke so effectively and the hundreds, from virtually every movement, who showed up to keep their feet.